Thursday 13 October 2011

Trust Issues. Also I Have Fish Now.


While I was off the past few days, I decided to colour a few more things traditionally, after finishing my walk cycle of course. This image was one I was hmming and hawing over colouring before deciding eh, why the hell not. Besides, in the original sketch, Ruby looked too angry when I wanted her to look nervous.

Anyway, I'll bore you all with a bit of backstory. Ruby had been deeply burned by someone she considered a very true and close friend (ahh school days...) and so has basically only trusted BF up until meeting Ginger when they went up to High School. Ginger doesn't give Ruby any real reason to be suspicious. In fact, she is very kind and friendly, despite her outgoing nature and popularity. However, the story arc (should I ever write and draw the damn thing) really explores Ruby's insecurity towards letting people in, so to speak. She is never noticeably insecure (this picture is a representation of their emotions more than anything else) but I definitely want to show how when we get older and meet new people, we tend to keep them at arms length and not really share every part of us the way we would when we were young children. Once bitten, twice shy after all.
They do become extremely close friends later on, this story would most likely be in a flashback, explaining why Ruby is the way she is. Still pondering over that.

Anyway, sorry for that text wall of absolute philosophical tomfoolery there. As you can see, I think very deeply when it comes to my characters. In other news, I want to do a line test of Lilac puffing up from her slim form to a full king pigeon stature. And possibly Green shrinking within himself and running away from her. I'm also considering what I'm gonna make my dog/koala hybrid do in his line test. I might explore emotions with him as his face can my much more expressive in comparison to my pigeon characters.
I also still need to talk to Dave about my yeti. And I still need to print out my last three elevations which I should have done weeks ago.

There truly is no rest for the wicked. OH BEFORE I FORGET. Scroll right down to the bottom of my blog. You will see multicoloured fish. You will go wtf. And wonder how and why I did this. And you will amuse yourself by moving your cursor around and making the fish follow you. If you click, you can feed them. Feel free to do so. I need them nice and fat for them I cook 'em.

Also, guess what I'm seeing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3