Friday 28 October 2011

SMART Targets 28th October (with added Rio gifs)


Referring to my SMART targets of the previous week, I feel that I forgot to really make them all that specific. I have already done half of what I planned, namely linearting Lilac's puff cycle and sketch out Tweak's line test. I still need to perfect said line test, do tests for Pink (a flying one for him as he doesn't do much in terms of movement in the actual animation) and Green (dragging a cheeseburger onscreen and eating it) AND lineart all of those as well. I intended to have all of this done by Sunday and while I still hope to think that this deadline will be reached, there is the possibility that I will have to extend it by a few days. I had hoped to have at least the line tests done so I could buzz through the lineart and begin wrapping up all my written work for next Friday's deadline.

Best case scenario, I will have all the linetests and one lineart done by Sunday but as I have family down all weekend, there will most likely be some distraction for that not to become a reality. Not that I won't try my best to get all the work done, mind you.

I often don't like to set myself goals in this way, I'll be honest. I often just like to go with the flow and see what I get done first. However, I'm starting to see the benefits, namely if you manage to complete all your targets and even do more work than usual, you feel really ahead and it can be quite the stress killer and confidence boost. Hey, simple things.

Anyhow, onto my targets for the final week of this project!

S- Obviously as this is the final week I'll need to finish all the work. So I'll just mark off what still needs to be complete from today to next Friday... all line tests to be linearted, one per character and burned onto disc, writeup for this module complete, all three versions of the script printed, writeups for both this module and the last, have all character sheets and elevations printed and stuck on foam...card... thingy and probably something mentioning my blog so that I can show anything I might have potentially missed out in the writeup. After I have finished with my SMART here, I will make a time plan and fully decide what work I will complete at home and what I will complete at college.

M- I'll need to get cracking to get all of this done by next week. Not that I'm in any trouble in terms of time management but when a deadline approaches, there is that feeling of dread, starting to second guess everything and worry whether or not you've done enough work. Although that might just be me.

A- I'm sure this will be achievable with an effective time plan, shown below.

R- Mainly focus on this project rather than any spare time doodles for this week. I know I need to show variety in my work but this is a priority for now.

T- Possibly any inevitable freakouts I might have as the deadline approaches. But I don't think thats any different than anyone else.

Here is a completely irrelevant gif.


Time plan time!

Today

At home- As I will be doing mainly UCAS work at college today deciding where I will take my third year (preferably near home as the fees will be bad enough without learning expenses), I'll be doing my work when I get home today. What I intend to do at the very least is tweak Tweak's freak out sequence (hurrhurr, see what I did there) before starting Pink's flying cycle. Best case scenario I will have the latter tweaked and even line arted but I think thats being a tad optimistic. Still, I've been surprised before. Either way, the work I complete will be updated and added to my blog to show progress.

Saturday

At home- No choice but to do work at home today, being a weekend and all. Today I will complete the flying cycle and hopefully start on Green's dragging cheeseburger sequence. Again, if this isn't achieved, I will complete this on Sunday.

Sunday

At home- complete Green's sequence and shoot through the lineart. This is relatively quick to do and should only take till the end of Monday at the most.

Monday


At college- Ahh, at college again. Today if I haven't completed the lineart yet, it will be finished today. Then I will be able to focus fully on perfecting the writeup. I'll need to buy discs this week to put the line tests on.

At home- much of the same. Just breeze through and see what I get done. Maybe even do some Underdogs work if I feel like I'm ahead of schedule.


Tuesday


At college- Again, breeze through the writeup for this project if not completed yesterday. If it has been, I'll polish up the writing up for the previous project. I also think by this point, finalizing the final script should be a priority as well (duh).

At home- Again, much of the same. A good idea today would be to see if my printer has stopped acting like King Bastard and will actually print something out without smudging everything everywhere. Otherwise, I'll probably have to spend a lot of money printing out at college. Oh joy.


Wednesday


At college- More typing! What fun! Mainly of the previous project as I intend to have the writing up of the first one done by now.

At home- Continue writing up and burn line tests on a disc in preperation for hand in. Print out all of first project if it is complete (which it should be) if the printer is working. If not, go into college tomorrow and print out both projects together.


Thursday


(Optional) At college- as stated above, if not done already, go into college and print out work.

At home- basically making sure everything is organised and see if there is anything else to add in. I don't think there will be, especially if I can't print out work from home.


Friday


Hand in work and rejoice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3