Friday 21 October 2011

SMART Targets 21st October

No witty/whimsical title today. Just straight and to the point. Mainly because I already updated my blog with the progress I'd managed to achieve throughout the week. I didn't manage to finish everything I wanted to do but I have more ideas for line tests that I'll get started on this weekend, provided I wake up before lunchtime for once, otherwise I just lose any focused motivation.

So on that note, onto the targets!

S- I intend specifically to work on more line tests this week, as well as get cracking on my written work which I have sadly neglected (although I generally leave that till last minute anyway due to how I can just blast through it but regardless I should probably touch up a few things). I also need to finalise my final script, which isn't terribly different from the second draft but still has some significant changes. I really should get cracking on animating Jerry as well. I need to do more practice drawings of him as he's still a relatively new character and I'm not all that used to drawing him yet.

M- Again, I hope to have at least two new line tests, Lilac's finished coloured puff cycle, Jerry expression animation and final script done by this time next week.

A- I hope these goals are more achievable as I wasn't able to get as much work done as I thought last week. I also want to leave time to fill my new sketchbook that will feature work I've done in my spare time, in order to show more variety in my work.

R- I should hopefully get this work finished, provided that I do a little bit of college work every day rathe than take a day off. I need to realise time does not entitle me to such a luxury nowadays!

T- Again, the main threat will be procrastination, which a lot of people deal with. I just need to remember that the feeling of satisfaction I get from finishing something I planned to work on is much more satisfying than lazing around.

As well as college work, I want to draw a Breast Cancer awareness poster as well as a Halloween themed piece in my spare time. As well as more Autumn themed pieces. Because lets face it, Autumn is an artist's dream. So many colours...

Maybe an Autumn themed blog title image... I mean I've had the current one up for over a month now and as amusing as it is to see me kick the title over, its always fun to have something new. Maybe I'll put that as the title when I'm stressed or bored or something.

As for now however, I'm going to tidy up my Yeti and Ginger pieces on my previous update before group critique (if mine is scheduled for today). I seemed to colour out the lines without noticing. Shoddy. Shoddy I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3