Monday 10 October 2011

Some Non Pigeon Related Stuff

... with added pigeon!


Haha, no but seriously, I figured it was about time I shared something other than my pigeon progress. I do draw other stuff in my spare time but have been focusing on those feathered blighters too much to really share it. So I figured why not now.

Although I should explain the little bit of pigeon work I got done today...

Everyone:

I know, I know but this IS primarily a blog to show my college project. SO. Zip plz.

Honestly, not much to say. I get started on the line tests today and figured what would be a better line test than a walk cycle. So I got four frames done, the less frames make the quickest movements, as pigeons heads and feet normally move very fast. However it seems a bit jerky, which is what I was afraid of. I think I'll need to add a couple more frames in to be sure and made the movement that bit more fluid.

... SEE? Was THAT so bad?


I also need to consider entering live briefs, contests and so on so that I can get my work out there, build up my portfolio and basically have something to write or talk about artwise that isn't a project I made up on my own. David encouraged me to design a yeti for the Pictoplasma contest. It was basically how the artist themselves saw the yeti, yet still keeping them friendly. Mine seems to want cuddles. Gives them to him.


I'm still touching him up in Illustrator and Photoshop and I need to talk to Dave about a few things, such as how to resize the pic without effing it up.
Dave was also impressed with a character I've been doodling for the past few days. He's a new one and I'm not certain of his name yet, although I'm considering going with Jerry. He's a Irish Setter/Koala mix. I very much like to blend different species together.


The majority of these are rough sketches. Although I'm sure you don't mind that too much.
But yes, Dave wants me to create a line test of this little guy as well, just for something not pigeon related to put in the ol' portfolio. Fair dos!


This was basically an experiment with traditional colouring, as I haven't done that in so long. Didn't turn out too bad actually! I used crayola coloured pencils and Bic Mark It Markers. And a pencil. And a fineliner pen to lineart.
I also wanted to draw a pic of BF having fun with his photography hobby. He certainly liked wearing Hawaiian shirts when he was younger. Still occasionally does (they're kind of fun to draw).

Anyway, not onto various sketches that will either be coloured or not!


This will get coloured on the computer methinks. Although that said, I might do it traditional, just because I really liked how the above experiment turned out. I suppose I'll have to ponder on that. Anyway, Ruby is basically mock-bitching at BF for trolling her and he's all BF in his BFness. Smug git.


This is quite an interesting pic because it represents Ruby and Ginger's earlier relationship. Long story short, Ruby had trust issues with letting people become close to her so Ginger's openness and keenness to get to know her kind of rattled her. She's also kind of shy whereas Ginger is quite sociable and popular, which peaked her suspicions. They get along like a house on fire now but I think its an interesting stepping stone in terms of developing a friendship.
Might redraw this pic, uncertain about colouring it just yet.


Ahh, now I've had fun drawing these two. Ginger and GG (kind of an inside joke with Brandon, long story XD)'s first meeting. Some dick in the hockey team would knock him down and Ginger would immediately run to help him. While friends with many superficial people, she doesn't have it in herself to be mean to anyone. GG has a tendency to develop a crush on any girl that shows kindness to him. However once he meets Ginger, she becomes his one and only. Haters to the left, yo.
I'll probably colour this one on the computer, background and all.

Here is an earlier pic of them I did when I was stranded in Minneapolis over a month ago. They're co-workers, hence the same shirts XD GG always looks swamped in anything he wears. He was the runt of the litter.


And now its off to bed with Emma. Nighty night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3