Saturday 4 February 2012

Quite Satisfied

It's been over a week since the last update and quite a few things have happened, all of them rather spiffy. Lets get right to that, shall we?

1. My cold packed its bags and left, off to infect some other poor soul. Sucks for them but yay for me!

2. I passed my theory test on Tuesday! My first driving lesson in over a year will be this upcoming Tuesday.

3. I've been asked for an interview at both the places I applied for through UCAS- Northumbria University wants to see me on the 29th February and Newcastle College on the 8th March. I need to put a portfolio together for both. If anyone has any advice, please don't be afraid to share it with me!

4. I have completed my animatic (alas without sound) and presented it to Dave, Paul and everyone else yesterday. Overall it went very well and now that the animatic is done, I can hit the ground running with the animation. I've already got plans for marketing: posters to everywhere, clips on this blog and on Facebook, concept art anywhere I can put it... the possibilities! I converted to the Facebook Timeline and the cover pic is pigeons, pigeons, PIGEONS.


Ah yes. Life is good.

Yesterday, I went to Ashleigh's house after college, having been promised a nice meal and some relaxation goof offing time. But it was a trap. She wanted revenge on me for inflicting the impossible six legged sausage on her (God rest Erik's soul... actually no, sizzle in Hell, you phallic shaped abomination! SIZZLE!).
So she trapped me in her living room, tied me to a chair, threw Vaseline at my face and then covered it in mod rock, blinding me and only leaving my mouth uncovered, which she then used to stuff a pack of frozen sausages in, cackling with laughter as I sat there breathing through my nose.

Obviously I survived, to her disappointment. But hey, she got a really snazzy mask out of it!


... Yeah, obviously I'm talking rot (you could never fit a pack of sausages in there no matter how big anyone says my gob is). The real reason my face was mod rocked was for an interesting side project that Ashleigh is working on, something to do with her character Caelyn. I hear she mod rocked her arms too. Hopefully we find out what she's working on there; I colour myself intigued. And hey, Caelyn must be a nice lookin' fella if he's got my features. El oh el.

Lets see, what else... oh yes, my better half''s birthday was last tuesday and, as he's become quite the fan of Deadmau5, I took the opportunity to make his picture revolve around that somewhat. I also hadn't drawn Ruby and BF for quite a while and therefore decided to combine the two. Here is what came of it.


Ruby didn't seem to realise that Deadmau5 uses a material to be able to see through the mouth. Oops. Ah she means well. And BF appreciates it too. Or he will once he stops laughing at the sight of her crashing into everything with a big mousehead on.

... ooh, I also attempted to do 24 Hour Comic Day this year but sadly I had too much college work to get done on time. Curses, foiled again! I did manage to get three hours done though. Here they be for your amusement.


And finally, here are some stills (well, I'll count them as stills, they're coloured frames of the animatic but they might be redrawn) of Crumbs.Which yes, is now it's official name.





And because I'm super nice, I'll share with you the opening of the animatic. This part has sound and everything (which didn't work on the finished animatic for some reason. Oh well.)


You won't be seeing more of the animatic on the blog I'm afraid. At least not any time soon. Don't want to spoil things for anyone after all.

Now, I really should get to work on that poster I promised Ellen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3