Tuesday 28 February 2012

48 Slides Later...

... I'm not even kidding, I'm nearly at 50 slides in my PowerPoint portfolio. Clearly I have a lot to show. Even if I never was able to find the life drawings. Pity. Don't lose those, kids. No matter how much you hate the look of them or think they suck, they can really help you out portfoliowise someday.

But yes, my Northumbria interview is tomorrow and naturally I'm getting prepared. I'm not entirely sure what to expect but from what I can tell by the email, we all get a tour of the campus and have some sort of activity we have to do before we actually get an interview. I'm intrigued to see how this will go. I'm also hoping they don't mind that the majority of my portfolio is on a laptop. I'm printing out contact sheets and taking old sketchbooks to show what I've worked on but the videos and the main meat of the work is in a PowerPoint. They never really specified how it should be presented though. Not like Newcastle which for some reason is very elaborate about what it wants. But that's an entry for another day.

I think the main thing I'm worried about is making sure I find where I'm supposed to be in enough time. I know where Northumbria Uni is, there are just specific places where certain subjects are studied. The website has a map though so I'll just look at that. Wish me luck, guys!

Other news... oh yes, I believe I mentioned the work placement that Dave asked me and a few friends to volunteer for. Well if not, I have more details. Last night, we were all emailed by the person planning the whole thing and from what I can tell, we're volunteering as animation assistants in the Big Draw Festival and Art Club. That's what I'm gathering anyway. Should be interesting.

I'm mainly leaving developing the animation further until after this week because of developing the portfolio and also because we're handing in the animatic and any finished frames in on friday. As I've already done that, I can use the time to work on my portfolio till I present it tomorrow, and then fart out a 'How to' on my work. Sorted.

Not much else to say other than that really. Oh, and I finally bought and played Rayman Origins. I'm ridiculously in love with the game already. The colours, the movement, the exaggeration... It's like I'm controlling a cartoon. It's simply amazing.

... although I do wonder why, even when he gets squashed under moving rocks that Rayman blows up like a balloon before he explodes. I suppose he's just one of them types to defy physics. Lets hope he and Pinkie Pie never meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3