Monday 6 February 2012

Portfolio Planning and Poster Presenting

Yeesh, there's more Ps in that title than on a public bathroom floor!

... I'm sorry.

Today Dave wanted to talk to me about making up a portfolio for my interviews. Basically I need to think of college projects, personal projects and clips to put in said portfolio in both A3 and in a show reel respectively. I'll need to think about that a bit more. I've got a few things I've worked on out of college that I want to include, such as caricatures, Underdog character developments and so on but I also need to decide what is strong out of my college work. I feel the need to redo a few things. I think the strongest things that could be featured are my E4 e-sting works and what I'm working on now.

My main concern is that I've basically got a full portfolio of character designs, storyboards and portraits but not much else. I think I might experiment with set design and do backgrounds and so on to feature in the portfolio. Obviously I'll discuss this with Dave beforehand.

Moving on, I've finally finished the poster that my friend Ellen wanted me to design for her. As I've mentioned before, Ellen co-hosts a radio show every Monday evening called The Cocktail Hour and as I'd designed a poster for them before, she wanted me to do one again, this time with her, Dave and Scott. I was more than happy to oblige and got right into it, despite the poster not turning out the way I wanted it to. Stubborn thing that it was. But eventually it co-operated with me and here we have the final result.


As you can see, I like rainbows. It contrasts nicely with the simplistic colours in the rest of the poster. And you probably won't get the chicken teapot reference if you haven't heard the show. They're really happy with it and will be using it as their Facebook picture. I think I'm basically their poster designer now. Sweeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3