Friday 27 January 2012

*Sniiiiiiiff*

Well, everything is going pretty well for the most part. Except for my head cold which is kicking my proverbial bottom (which makes no sense, considering if anything it should be kicking me in the head... heh... ain't that a kick in the heeeeeead!).

But that's literally the only thing that's relatively sucky right now. I'm pretty much organised in what works needs to be done for my project and as my new theory test date draws nearer (which I ain't tellin'!) I'm having to juggle studying for that with finishing my presentation and continuing the animatic but it's actually not all that problematic. I think I'm just used to being left to my own devices and coping with various things.

It certainly helps to organise everything though. So on that note, lets figure out what the old SMART targets are for this week and plan my next few days.


S- Specifically I have to have the presentation for my work complete by this time next week, along with the new script, treatment, proposal and, at the very least, the animation for the animatic done (if I don't manage to get all the sound effects and voice work added. If I do, obviously this will be done by then). If i get al of these done, I will have a head start on working on everything else, especially if I add sound to my animatic. In terms of a non-college goal, I need to pass the criteria for the Theory Test study site I've been using so they can pay for my next three resits if I fail my test. I would prefer to do this before Monday at the latest. The reason I want to achieve this is obvious. I want to finally start driving lessons again and I'm tired of failing this thing.

M- I'll know for a fact I'll have done what I planned when the animation for the animatic is complete to go along with the presentation. I'm certain a week will be long enough for me to get everything done.

A-  I don't think this is particularly unachievable. The only aspect I am being a bit more flexible with is adding the sound to the animatic, which I would achieve in a perfect world but obviously I do not want to stress myself out and add more pressure to myself than I need to. If anything, the most stressful thing this week is studying for the theory. To achieve my goals, I will work on a plan that will organise what I will get done on what days and what specific tasks will be given priority.

R- The majority of my goals are relevant as we are presenting our ideas next week, which includes a Powerpoint presentation including a proposal and treatment. The animatic was also included in this and also gives us all quick start in animating the final piece. The theory studying is particularly relevant as my test is... soon. Like, very soon. The only thing not particularly relevant is finishing adding the sound, which I've already mentioned and is low on the priority list.

T- I've set myself a week in total to get the college work done and till Monday to get my theory studying done. This time next week I'll have the presentation complete with an animated animatic and (hopefully!) with my theory passed.

Normally I do a weekly plan but to be quite frank, I keep spacing out cos of this gosh-darned cold (which I still believe is the plague) and don't think I'll really be able to focus on thinking ahead in much detail right now. So I'll just discuss today's plan, which is studying my theory for two hours, working on my CV if I don't finish it at college and if I have the motivation and haven't bashed my head against the wall out of desperation, I'll finished some of the presentation work.

Hopefully my head will be clearer soon so I can think about organising my work in further detail soon. Right now, it's a bit too much like this. I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3