Monday 14 November 2011

zzzzz... *snort* Oh! ... Oh Drat...

Well, remember all that work I'd planned on doing throughout the week off? All the Underdog character sheets, theory studying and finishing writing up the treatment? Yeah, never happened. Guess I needed more time to relax than I thought.

Oh well, stuff happens. Especially considering how hard I worked. We went back to college today and were given our results. I got 60% for both modules which I'm quite pleased with. I remember getting 70% at some point though. I hope I get to that level again...

Anyway, today we were given a new task so we could explore something different in animation. We were put into groups and told to create a one minute(ish) B-Movie of whatever we wanted and to make it as daft/serious/whatever as we liked, within reason. I was put in a group with a Sam and three Toms and together we came up with a safety video of what to do when the Nazi's create a monster that will try to kill everyone. Something of a nod to the safety videos of the 1940s: duck and cover defeats atomic bombs every time!

We've not set out to write individual scripts and share them with the group tomorrow. I also volunteered to create a little cartoon child that the narrator could talk to throughout the safety video. This is what I have so far and will show the group tomorrow.


I'm not entirely sure what to call him just yet. For some reason, Little Billy is sticking out in my mind but that seems like the generic child in a cheesey documentary/safety video/after school special name. Then again, that might work, considering the tone we're going for.

Now, I should really pull a short script out of my back end to share with my group tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. He looks like a Billy to me. :D I love the concept and the way you've drawn him, I really want to see this safety video....being the history buff that I am I'd get a real kick out of the parody of a 40s safety video. XD

    You did a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3