Friday 25 November 2011

Premiere of the B Movies

It was such a glamorous ceremony. A bunch of adults buzzing off of caffeine in the computer room all gathered around the interactive board which would be the screen for our cinematic masterpieces. The directors were there, actors, animators, editors and so on, all there to see the fruits of their labour and everyone's reactions to it.

I was really looking forward to seeing everyone's final piece as I was curious about how everyone handled the project and their roles within said project. I know for a fact that everyone in my group had a role to play and would offer feedback to edits and so on. I'm really happy with how ours went. But before I get to our finished piece, I think I should show other groups as well as they are quite impressive.

 When Darkness Wakes


The first one is a horror movie trailer that is quite interesting. It seems normal enough at first, where Linsey is walking along the road. However, the ground starts to crack and the animation interacting with the real world really comes into play. I really like the 'darkness' and how it is portrayed, the shots were well thought out and the security cameras going out is very cleverly done. All in all, very creative.

The Page


The next video is also a horror movie trailer but plays more towards a humorous side. The villain is a piece of paper, The Page, that seems to enjoy tormenting and killing people. I have to admit I am intrigued about its motives. Revenge on animators for defacing its family and friends with drawings perhaps?
Everything works brilliantly; the music, voicework, animation and cuts, all working to make a creative B movie. Plus, I have a small role in the video! My acting days have not gone to waste!

And last but definitely not least, our own creation... which will go on a seperate blog entry. Won't upload to this one for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3