Monday 14 November 2011

Cocktail Hour Poster

My very best friend Ellen, who goes to uni in Liverpool, is a DJ on LSRadio and has an hour show with her fellow DJs Scott and Dave. The show is known as the Cocktail Hour and it's a good laugh with good songs and plenty of banter.

I was in an experimental mood today after doing my character designs and as I'd just finished listening to her show, I decided to create a simplistic poster design for her. The picture they'd used on their Facebook page was a photo of various multiculoured cocktails as well as the reflections under them. I liked the effect and how the colours of the drinks stood out from the black so I tried to recreate that. I liked the idea of the drink being spilled, as if the sheer force of the music knocked the glass over.


I sent it to Ellen to get her opinion but I never actually expected her to use it! Safe to say I'm quite chuffed! Cheers Ellen, if you're reading this! Loving the show!

Oh and the 'Juice like Jagger' is half of a joke towards Ellen (she knows why. It involves Moves like jagger obviously) and... well, juice, cocktails, it all  works.

1 comment:

  1. I think it turned out very well! I've been of the opinion that art like this is always a good thing to fall back on as a way of getting your name out there. I'm really glad they used it!

    ReplyDelete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3