Wednesday 16 November 2011

Progress So Far, Lip Syncing and Snaps' New Look

Still working on planning the animation and whatnot. So far in the groupwork, we have assigned everyone various tasks (for example I'm doing the 2D animation for the renamed Timmy) and now we're working on our individual storyboards and assets. And we assume the script is done, the person in charge of typing it up hasn't turned up to college yet. Looking back, we should have shared contact details such as mobile numbers and emails in case such a situation arose. Hey ho.

I do need it in order to complete my storyboards though, as I want to know exactly what is happening so I don't deviate too terribly far from what the rest of the group expects. I also want to get started on the line test, maybe have the whole opening sequence done for Friday. If I don't, I'll at least have Timmy's walk cycle down as I know for a fact him walking through the park whistling definitely happens. Most of the people in my group are worried that I won't get the work done in time and stress out.

They underestimate my power.

Anyway, as well as progress so far, I made this entry to leave a link I found so that I could come back to it when doing the lip syncing. I remember using this exact site when I was doing my extended project in sixth form. Brings back memories actually...

http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/aim/a_notes/anim_lipsync.html

This series of walk cycles by Preston Blair, which we used when we did walk cycles at the very start of the course (which I want to redo) will be useful for the cycle I will draw Timmy doing. I think I'll most likely do the strut as it looks proud and bouncy which I always have in my head for his walk.


Anyway, I always feel awkward if I make an entry without a picture I myself have done so here's a sketch of Snap's new look!


I've changed her design in a major way for a few reasons. One was that her half human/animal design was much too similar to a character of an artist I admire and I don't want to look like I'm copying. The other was because I wanted to make Ginger's family relatively big, good old Catholic Irish family... despite none of them being all that religious. So now she's Ginger's twin sister. I'd always wanted to create twin characters that, while they care for each other and have their similarities, also have their own independent aspects and thoughts.

The only thing that's really changed about Snaps is her look and that she wears pop socks rather than knee lengths now. Apart from that, same old really.

And now, back to sketching Timmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3