Friday 23 March 2012

Time to get SMART

... ok, yeah, I know I said I was gonna get those character designs done but the FUNNIEST thing happened yesterday. See, I had a mock driving test and I seemed to do well and stuff but it ate about an hour of my time and then I went to get my hair cut and that took about half an hour and then I walked home but I couldn't find my keys and so I started to walk back to the hairdressers but then I found my keys in a hidden part of my bag but as it was such a nice day that I didn't mind and then I had to walk the dog and then after that I was gonna crack on with the designs but then the sun was like "You should totally be outside right now, you never know when I'm gonna shine this brightly again!" and I was all "That's so true!" and so I sat in the garden for a long time and...

... I'm sorry. I'll try to suck less.


Anyway, moving onto today. Lets get cracking with them thar target thingies.

S- I want to get the character designs for both comic series and two of the Crumbs sequences started, one of them complete- specifically Lilac tackling Green into shot and strangling him and a hungover Pink stumbling into Lilac and Blue. This is important because I want the character designs to feature in my portfolio and the sequences to appear in the show reel. I will be working on all of these myself at home and at college any chance I get.

M- If the character designs are done by Sunday, I know I'll be on the right track. This is so I will have the rest of the week to work on the two sequences.

A- The character designs wont take long to do as they are pretty much fleshed out, they just need to be coloured. This is why I am working on them first. Best case scenario, I will have one sequence completely animated, coloured and rendered and starting work on the other.

R- This is important as I am developing my portfolio and I want to show as much of my characters as possible. I am also working on a show reel and as Crumbs is one of the first big productions I put together myself, I want the coloured sequences to feature. This is certainly the right time as deadlines are looming and I need to have such things under my belt.

T- I want to have the character designs complete by Sunday and one of the animated sequences complete for the show reel by this time next week. As of what I can do today I can get cracking on the designs. This will be as soon as we've done Paul Hess' talk. I'll do an entry for this later today.

Always good to have a clear idea of what you wanna have done and when. I could do with being more organised.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in my blog just yet but if you look to the right, you'll see other pages in Lets Emmanimate that you can visit. So if you're not particularly interested in reading long walls of text, you can click on a link to the right and see artwork of Underdogs, Crumbs and college projects. The comic tabs and show reel tab are still under construction so sadly this blog won't be at its spiffiest until they're done. Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3