Tuesday 27 March 2012

Is This Productivity I see?

It is! Hello, old friend! Feel free to stop by more often!

... well ok, maybe I'm being a bit hard on myself. I mean it's not as if I just sit on my arse and do nothing but go on the internet or Xbox all day. Well, not very often anyway. But while I've been focusing on the portfolio and blog I feel that my work on Crumbs has been wavering ever so slightly due to too much development and not enough actual animating.

Well, that's changed today. I've got cracking on the sequence where Lilac shoves Green to the ground. I'm going to tweak-

Eagles?

No, not you. Piss off.

I'm going to CHANGE a few things, maybe give Green a bit more dialogue in this sequence but other than that it'll stay close to the animatic. Just gonna leave a little screenshot of the animation here...

Damn, woman, what have I done now?
As well as this, Dave came to all of us individually to discuss our progress, where we were up to, what deadlines we had to meet and whatnot. He seemed to think I should cut myself a break saying that I'm making more progress and effort than I give myself credit for, crossing out the 4s I gave myself on the sheet and replacing them with 5. Well, I ain't gonna complain!


Here's the self assessment sheet thing-a-ma-jigger where I mention what I've done since the last assessment (which I don't remember... derp), what's going well and what can be improved. Then Dave and I made a note of what we need to have finished by what date. This is mainly a file with written work about what careers I would like to follow, how my UCAS application went, research of the courses and colleges I applied to, research of the festivals I want to enter my final piece in, live briefs I might like to do, opportunities I'd like to follow and companies that interest me, that type of thing. I still want to do the toy thing... maybe I'll even... *gulp*... attempt to do 3D again.

... oh God, I just felt a horrible shiver up my spine.

If you noticed the little square scribbles at the side, that's Dave telling me to do a birds eye view of the setting where the animation takes place so i can consider where the park is, if there's a city nearby and so on. This was because he felt my backgrounds weren't populated enough, that there could be more featured while the pigeons were interacting with one another. Which is a very fair point. The background in the screenshot I included in this entry has been improved and it does look a lot better. It's helping me think of other things I could include and what else that needs to be tweaked.

... what, nothing this time, Tweak? Or have you gone away to hide from the eagles again? Meh.

Well, I think I'll wrap this up for now. I have a driving lesson to prep myself up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3