Thursday 8 March 2012

Still No Rest For the Wicked...

... wicked awesome that is.

First off, I went to visit my friend Ellen in Liverpool. That was quite an interesting experience as she lives away from home and in University housing. I've stayed in such housing before, mainly when I was visiting Brandon but this time I got to experience sharing showers, bathrooms and a kitchen with other people on the floor. Very nice people I should add.

I had a great time. Basically going to the shops, buying a ton of nice things, seeing The Muppets (go see it damnit! Brilliant movie! I'm serious, go see it right now!), meeting all of Ellen's friends and even being a special guest on Ellen's radio show the Cocktail Hour, which I have designed the posters for. Once the recording of the show is uploaded I'll share it on the blog. I never actually talk much about animation though, we got distracted talking about pigeons and then seagulls and then... I don't even remember. Come to think of it, I forgot to plug my blog. I'll just shamelessly link it on their Facebook page, being the brat that I am.

I'll definitely be popping back to Liverpool again when I can. Had a great time.


This is one of the many posters I bought. I should really hold off on buying them until I finally get my mitts on a Brave one. And don't think I didn't look, believe me I tried...

Today I had an interview with Newcastle College to enter the honours year. Now, what I've realised is that it's quite different from the foundation degree in quite a few ways. For example, I would need to write two dissertations throughout the year, both between 7,000 and 10,000 words. Gulp. Not to mention that all the work is down by ourselves without help as the teacher will assume we have all the necessary skills needed to complete our tasks. Apparently our first semester is all done at home I believe? Blimey. Quite different.

As for the interview, I believe it went quite well. The woman talking to me seemed to like my portfolio at the very least. And of course I was asked questions but this time there were ones that related to the subject and course itself rather than just me. While I was asked what inspired me, such as artists, family members and so on, I was also asked about the economic situation of the animation industry for example. Cor blimey. Thankfully David taught us about onedotzero going bust in college a while ago. And major thanks to Ashleigh for jogging the ol' memory on that one.

But if I were to be honest I think everything went quite well. But obviously I'm waiting to see if the college accepts me before feeling confident.

Now, I also wanted to share some more pony videos with you all. Remember the one analysing Pinkie's walk cycle? This is done by the same person who is now looking at other animation aspects featured in the show and looking at them in great detail. They're probably more helpful with flash users but either way they've given me things to think about when I animate.




I think I'm gonna have a little me time for a day or two as I've been prreeeetty busy this week off. Funny how that works. I'm gonna pop onto Youtube for a while. Maybe to find more inspiring things, maybe to find brainless stuff that I find funny. Either option is welcomed.


... seriously, go see the Muppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3