Monday 19 March 2012

Mothers Day

I meant to do this yesterday but then again, I WAS spending time with my Mum. What with it being Mothers Day and all.

I don't recall if I did an entry with my card last year but stuff it. Either way I'll add it in with this one as well. Because my Mum is an amazing person, extremely supportive and always there for me. So she's getting a page telling the world how awesome she is.

While plugging my artwork obviously.

To the left is the picture I designed to put on a notebook I ordered for mum for her birthday. Just a little thing she could write notes in and whatnot. I always like to get things that someone would find useful. To the right is last year's Mothers day card. This one was deliberately designed to be crude and childlike as in the past year we all had to support each other and Mum through her fight with breast cancer and as she is now in remission, we're all happy to get back to simpler times... Mum more than most I'd imagine!

Underneath is this years Mother's Day card. As you can see, it's a tad different from the previous pictures. This piece is a bit more symbolic, using the Doodlebug logo I have, nuzzling the green doodlebug. As green is my mum's favourite colour, it seemed fitting. She's a huge source if inspiration to me, how she's always able to be positive and strong. I hope that if, God forbid, I were ever to find myself in a harrowing situation that I handle it with the same bravery and maturity she did.

... I promise I didn't look at last year's card when I type that. That's quite the coincidink there.


Seriously Mum, you're amazing. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3