Monday 9 January 2012

Back to Being Awesome

I no longer suck, everyone.

After a less than motivational weekend, we all got up early and went filming for the other two idents. We needed to film us all in the park walking our 'pets' before an inside shoot that was originally going to be done at Ashleigh's house. I think we decided to change the location because of the size of the camera and no one wanting to be responsible if it got damaged. So we changed the idea to the MTV logo playing in the college library instead.

We all set off to the same location as the previous shoot, with Laura accompanying us as Lien wasn't at college at the time. This was so we could all play at taking the animals for a walk (once I get a hold of the video, you'll see me being dragged by an invisible sausage) and have Rachel, whose pet will be the one smelling the flower before it explodes, react in shock when it does.

Speaking of the flower, the collaboration is complete, with Ashleigh having done a fantastic job with the vines. The movement is really smooth and I like the colour transition of the greens. We can also see that the camera moves away from the bare flower stem and follows the logo upward, which I think will be brilliant to see once everything is added together.

Here is the completed piece!


As well as this, you'll be pleased to hear that the Multiple Eye Syndrome that Erik seemed to be ill with has been conquered. We now have a separate plane for his eyes which makes it look like they're floating off of his face.



To be honest, I'm OK with this. It means I can get away with quite a bit of exaggeration without actually having to move any of his body as I can't actually seem to. But more on that later. Here are some expressions I've done for him.




Not all of which will be featured, mind you. So far, he seems to be neutral (or most likely happy in the park ident as he's dragging me off my feet in excitement), annoyed or grunting.

These are incredibly rough and parts will most likely be changed but here are some actions I have him doing. The first one is him dragging me along the ground. Here you can see that his eyes have moved to the side. It's a new trait of his character that his eyes move rather than his entire head. It's much easier to do on such limited time.


Here I have two versions of Erik in the library. He's browsing the books until he hears the loud noise that the MTV logo blares, causing him to glare in the general direction the noise is coming from. The first version was from the front before realising he was supposed to be shot from the side. Darn, I was quite happy with this. But oh well, I can still show it as development.


And here is the version I will be using. Here you see his features movement in action. Have to admit, I kind of like it, it's so odd. Then again, we're talking about a six legged sausage.



As for my plans for the rest of the night, I'm gonna work on finishing my personal statement to show Dave tomorrow. Other than that, I think I'll just sketch some random stuff. Cos I haven't in a while and that makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3