Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Finished Idents (Now with the actual finished idents!)

Which I would have presented to you all sooner but I had to go to Scotland immediately after hand in and wasn't able to get online the whole time I was there. And I forgot to do it yesterday. Oops.

So here are the finished idents! Well... finished-ish.

OK, long story short, we felt that for various reasons we weren't able to have the idents complete to everyone's satisfaction. Now, as far as I'm concerned, the Library and Dragging sequences were fine. The Park one however just wanted to give everybody grief and eventually we just had to hand it in as is. I'm sad it had to be this way as this was the sequence that featured the flower I created. But hey ho, these things happen I suppose.

...Well this is embarrassing. It seems that blogger keeps failing my server or whatever so no matter what I do, I can't upload any of the videos on here at this point. Well that sucks. I suppose I'll have to try again later and give a detailed opinion of each one.

After a few days of unsuccessfully trying to use blogger to upload the videos, I decided to see if anyone in my group uploaded them onto YouTube. Rachel has all the videos on her blog linked from Youtube (maybe I should have done the whole unlisted thing she did... that would require using my brain though) and so I hope she won't mind me pinching them from her channel.


We'll start with the Park sequence. As you can see, it looks kind of trippy. We'd like to say this was because the point of view of the audience was high or something but it was because for some reason Final Cut Pro or After Effects or whatever abomination we'd decided to work with decided to create some strange effect. If we'd had time, we could have put in some weird sounding music to add to the freakiness of it all. Come to think of it, I did find some bird sounds and general background noise tracks but sadly there wasn't time to put it in... or rather if I'd suggested putting it in at the time, I might have gotten a Mac thrown at my head. Which probably would have been deserved.

Eh, maybe I'm being too hard on this one. It does create an interesting effect, even if it is intentional and the flower I animated does do its job at least. Not to mention Rachel's reaction to it.

And look at me in the background being dragged by Lien's box. Now THAT'S comedy!


Here's the one I was shown being dragged by the creatures. I love the character's movement, especially Rachel's character's tail and Ashleigh's little ball dude falling and being dragged along as well. So cute!
Not to mention yours truly kissing the gravel. And featuring the grungy MTV logo I threw together. All in all, good stuff. I like the music as well and the logo's movement.


And I think this one might be my personal favourite. I'm afraid not many of my contributions made it into the final piece sadly. The speech bubbles were scuppered by Cinema 4D and Erik was foiled by much of the same. However, you do see my back as the camera moves and the music playing was discovered by me. Check out idiotech sometime, there's fantastic music of various genres on there, all free moneywise and royaltywise.
I think what makes this one my favourite is the logo. Rachel did a top notch job there. I just love how it all works together with the music, which is top notch editing. Bravo!

It's possible we MIGHT be redoing some idents, even trying new ideas entirely. Zoe expressed an interest in light graffiti which brings nostalgic memories of a Photography project I did in Sixth Form. If everyone was interested, we might do that. Obviously depends on how much we can get done with our final films taking priority. 

As we are now off for assessment week, it's back to pigeons! Yep, I have to work on an animatic, storyboards, scripts and present all of them and whatnot when I go back next week. I'm unsure of what I want to do with it now though. My previous ideas don't seem as appealing to me as they did at the start of the year... I think I'll ponder it more over dinner but I absolutely must start my animatic tomorrow. No time to lose!

In the mean time, I found this on tumblr that I think could be very helpful to us all. It certainly has been to me.


As you can see, I even attempted some exaggerated movement with Grayson. Not sure why he's running so fast or why he looks so freaked. My best guess would be that he's either running away from his brother or he's late for work.


Huh. At least I can upload pictures...

Anyway, expect to see more pigeons from me soon, you lucky ducks.

2 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with a bit of Spongebob there! Love it, and very true. Looking forward to seeing more of your work on the pigeon animation, I remember that from the start of the year. Hope it goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spongebob is always a good thing :)

    And thank you! I'm looking forward to working with those little guys again. I hope it goes well too!

    ReplyDelete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3