Wednesday 11 January 2012

Can't... breathe...

Fearsome workload... crushing the air from my lungs... *ack*

Yeah, I had one of those horrible moments about an hour ago. You know, the one where you're doing OK, just finding suitable music for one of the idents when all of a sudden, these horrifying thoughts plague your mind...

"Oh hey, remember that essay we wrote last year that we need to write again for some reason? Know how you haven't done that yet and it needs to be done in like, two days? You should get on that. And writing about the ident examples. And you should probably writeup about this project too, that would be sweet. Now, lets discuss the B-Movie stuff. Oh and your old friend UCAS! And you haven't shown Dave your personal statement yet, naughty naughty! And you're behind in your theory yet again. Also..."

I don't remember what the voice said after that as I was crying too loudly to hear it. Yeah.

So after that... rather harsh punch in the jaw from life, I've gotten started on some writing up. The B Movie section is more or less done, just need to add a bit to it. I'll talk to everyone in the group about what I need necessarily to put into write ups and as for the essay, I think I'll just smash my face against the keyboard and print it out. Can't do any worse than last time after all.

As for UCAS... I want to study my third year at Newcastle College again. Can't I just do that rather than have to apply through that monstrosity of a website and write another personal statement? Just seems unnecessary to me. But alas and alack, it must be done. I absolutely HAVE to show Dave my personal statement tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be good enough, I don't want to have to rewrite the whole thing on top of everything else I have to get done for Friday. Thank GOD I moved my theory date, that's all I can say.

... I'm sure that I have other stuff to share though, such as what I've done since the last entry.

Ah yes. A few things. One being that Erik might not be featured in the final piece after all. I'd been working on him in a different version of Cinema 4D from the Macs at college and therefore it wouldn't work when we tried to fit him in. I don't have enough time/patience/skills/luck/moneytobribepeoplewith to make another Erik directly into the college computers so its likely he won't be featured. And to be frank, by this point, I could care less. That little six legged wang has been an abomination from start to finish. Certainly won't be sad to see the back of him.

On a less bitter note, I've done some things with the other idents as well. One is a grungy MTV logo for the one where I'm being dragged on my face across the ground.

And in the library (although I'm not sure if we're still doing this, due to Cinema 4D being its usual helpful self) speech bubbles with little pictures will be used to represent speech between the characters. 

These ones are just examples, can't say for sure if all of them, or even any of them, will be used. I swear Cinema 4D is self aware. It only seems to work for certain people and if it doesn't deem you worthy enough, it'll screw up every time you try to use it. Tell me I'm wrong!

I'm sure there's more I'm supposed to mention on here but my brain is, quite simply, fried. I need to go lie down and prepare for the inevitable all nighter I'm gonna have to pull tomorrow. G'nite, lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3