Thursday 19 January 2012

Another Caricature and Animatic Crumbs

Mum says not to call them caricatures because they don't exaggerate people's features that much but as of right now, I'm not really sure what to call them.

But yes. Today is Mum's birthday and Dad commissioned me to draw a picture of Mum for his gift to her. I actually didn't take too long to do this in comparison to the other caricatures I've done. I think this is because I didn't use a reference, already knowing what Mum looks like in detail.


I try to always go with a theme that I think the receiver of the art will enjoy. For example, Mum's favourite colour is green and the simplistic black and white background with added sparkle is a design she's quite fond of. So taking all this into account, everything was in the back of my mind already so this was very easy.

I'm happy to say Mum loved the picture. Dad felt good that he'd gotten something Mum would genuinely love and I'm now £20 richer. Everybody wins!

Now, onto my pigeon work. I've decided to redo my script. Not deviate by much but instead of have a narrator, I think I'll have the pigeon's talk to each other and have the animation just be how they cope with situations. This will mean I'll need to round me up some voice actors. I'll ask around and see who's interested.

The clips I'm about to show you are from the new script. Both Green and Pink are drunk from alcohol some one left around and Green convinces Pink to go and steal a whisker from the infamous angry cat. In his drunken, post-puke state, Pink doesn't take much convincing.

I created this to give a bit of context and explain why Pink does the dangerous thing that makes him lose his foot in the first place. I also think that having him hungover and woozy would bring a bit more humour to the situation than him standing there in shock.

Here are the clips in order. No sound or VO work is added just yet. I'll be voicing the characters for the animatic. And no, I'm not saying what the exact lines are just yet. Spoilers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3