Monday 7 February 2011

More Idents!

Again, we have been given the task to look at more indents (which doesn't lessen my stress with the piling workload I need to get done for tomorrow at all I'll admit but eh, I'll have to keep on truckin' or whatever the kids are saying nowadays). I've already looked at E4 idents l so I think it would be helpful to look at those from other channels, again seeing how they represent the theme of it, what animation is used and so on.



This one I found interesting because although I haven't seen it on television before, due to it being broadcast in another country, it's done in an art style that I enjoy, albeit made using CGI rather than traditional, and also because it is advertising Epic Mickey, which is to be short a really enjoyable game (not that I'm able to play it all that much nowadays mind you!). Mickey is famous for being the mascot for the Disney Channel in any country and is known worldwide, so his image is always associated with Disney. E4 doesn't have an obvious mascot that I am aware of, preferring to use the E4 logo a lot of the time. However, I want to use characters in my animation so while the mascot idea isn't particularly helpful, this sequence does give me some movement ideas and actions that the characters could take.



Boomerang is better known for the use of classic cartoons (at least it used to be... I remember when the channel first came on the air... I watched the countdown and everything. Yes, there was a countdown) and often uses the characters in their TV programmes in the idents in some fashion. This one uses Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd, star characters in the Looney Tunes. Another reason I found this ident interesting was because it was aired around a certain time of year, namely easter. Most channels take the opportunity to celebrate such holidays and air episodes relating to them for the viewer to feel in the holiday mood so to speak.



Now this one I've included in for the nostalgia value alone. Every time I hear the music and see the number 2, it takes me right back to childhood instantly. Funny how something so small can actually impact you in such a way. Now, the more recent 2 idents don't seem nearly quite as impressive in comparison yet are still pleasant to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3