Monday 14 February 2011

Development

Well blimey, didn't think I'd update my blog this many times in one day!

As stated before, I am working on my frames mainly this week. To show you all an idea of what I hope to achieve in my finished piece, here is my chosen idea:


Sorry for the poor quality and the big split there but I only have an A4 scanner and the storyboard is A3.

The main idea of this storyboard is that everyone wants a piece of E4, shown by the wolf stealing the basket and the girl kicking out at him to get it back. Bigging up the channel in this way is rather cheesy yet at the same time a successful marketing ploy. The channel wants to be what everyone wants to see.

Now, onto creating my background. I have done this completely in Photoshop and as you can imagine, it is slightly more detailed than the one portrayed in the storyboard. It serves its purpose as a background and I would like to think it isn't too distracting as I want the viewer's main focus to be on the characters.


Now, it's no secret that my strengths are definitely in character design as opposed to creation of settings but I always put just as much effort into my backgrounds. If anyone has any advice, critique, tips or whatever regarding said backgrounds, I would find them very useful.

Now that my setting seems to be ready, its time for line testing and to breathe some life into Red and the Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3