Sunday 20 February 2011

Lineart and Colour

Just in case one is interested in my whereabouts, I have been ill. Mucho interestingo. While away, I have been working a little further on my frames. I wasn't able to get as much done as I'd have liked but I have enough so that I can show you my latest progress.

Now that I know where I wanted Red to skip, I could now get started on lineart and colour. Lineart first obviously. I used illustrator for this task, adding another layer and creating the lineart using the pen tool and pencil tool and using a calligraphic type of line fr the inside while a slightly straight and bolder outline around the character.


After this, I added the lineart to the background, over the original sketch and deleted the layer. All that was left was to colour.



Underneath I have a colour palette of Red's colours, the Wolf's and the basket, in that order. The E4 biscuits are going to be the E4 logo.


Colouring Red was simple. The basket was harder, mainly to put in the E4 biscuits. I just copied and pasted a few, grouped them together and then put them in the basket. It was hard to resize them without them looking a bit pixelated but for the most part they look smooth.


This is the finished result of the frame. I'm very pleased with it. The character stands out perfectly from the background with the use of the lineart and the basket also catches the viewers attention due to the unusual colour. It comes across as a new and polished version of an old cartoon (while hopefully still keeping good old fashioned cartoon violence humour intact!)

I hope to continue with this level of quality and also to begin some marketing ideas. I have an idea for a poster featuring the characters that I could use and upload to various places online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3