Friday 27 April 2012

Serious Business

Deadlines are approaching so it's time to get the ol' act together.

Coming in to see the exact things we need to hand in on the small whiteboard was both helpful and scary.  For obvious reasons I'd like to assume. I'm choosing to be positive about this though. Now that I know what's expected of me, I can deliver more confidently than I would if I were to work through this blindly.

To start, I think I'll just make a list of what I need to do still. i've made some progress since last week, which is good but I'm not sure if it's really made much of a dent in the big picture.


PPD

Blog: Well, as all I have to do is update this thing with my progress, I think it's safe to say this one's covered.

File: OK, lets see what needs to be done as of today. Most of it is finished, it just needs to be printed out. That said, I've crossed out the finished ones so I don't start crying in hysteria.

  • Skillset research/Report
  • Uni progression- UCAS- Institutions looked at
  • CV
  • Business Cards
  • Swot Analysis
  • Competitions/live briefs
  • Opportunities- Oddco brief
  • Companies- Oddco, Studio AKA

Animation Work

Script

Animatic

Storyboard

Live Brief- This seems to be the toy design one we were given at the start of the week. I think it's time for another sub list!
  • Coloured designs
  • Elevations
  • Presentation
Presentation: I'm gonna guess that this is the presentation we did on our animations talking about their development and so on. The board never actually specified.

And I assume scenes from the finished animation which for some reason wasn't on the list. I guess it goes without saying though.


Portfolio

Decide what pictures are going in/what new ideas I want to include

Still life/life drawings

Commentary of each individual piece

Evaluation of portfolio

Research: Look at the different ways people have presented them, such as PDF and paper versions. Also look into how various companies want people to present their show reels.

Show Reel: Make two versions- one back to back piece of all animations, the other being the best bits cut together.

Speedpainting: This isn't compulsory, I've just always wanted to do one.


... well golly. That indeedeth be a lot. But don't despair, myself! I can get through this! It's wonderful timing that Dad bought me a big box of Monster energy drinks from Costco. Gonna need all the help I can get on this one.

OK, so now that I know what I need to do, it's time to figure out when and where I need to do it.

I have a few main priorities right now. Namely printing out the PPD stuff that still needs to be printed out, the live brief work (as the presentations are on monday), the plan for the portfolio, the Crumbs scenes I want to animate and the speed paint. So now it's time for my plan for today and the weekend.

Yay, more reading. Because I know you all enjoy that!



Today

At college: Work mainly on the toy design brief. Finish the elevation and work on the presentation.

At home: Print out the PPD stuff that hasn't been printed out yet. After this, work on coloring the scene I sketched out earlier this week. Obviously finish the toy presentation.

Saturday

Have a look at what I want to include in the portfolio and what still needs to be finished. Start for on the commentaries for every individual picture (just a short paragraph should be enough). Also do a planning sketch for the speedpaint.

Sunday

Get to work on the speedpaint. After this, work on a scene from crumbs I want to include in the show reel. Have a last check on the toy presentation and add final touches.


Looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Hopefully I'm able to get all of this done in the time given. Once this is done, I'll work on a plan for the rest of the work. Until then, take care chaps! I'll be sure to update you all with my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3