Monday 30 April 2012

Might want to make a sandwich for this one...

It's LOOOOONG.

I've been quite the busy bee these past few days. I already uploaded my work on Friday to here. Saturday... I'd LIKE to share my work but as it's for prints that I intend to sell, I can't really share them just yet. Unless I put watermarks on them or something. I'll consider that.

Until then, here are some teasers.

Blue seems quite captivated by something... but whatever could it be? You ain't gonna know, suckas.
And here is Blue (again. Sheesh, she seems to be the one I draw all the time) in various colouring stages.




Lets see, what else... oh yeah, I also did another Crumbs poster. This time, we have a little bit of character interaction, to show the viewer what the relationship between the various characters is like.

This reminds me of that demotivational poster with the owls. You know the one I mean, right?


I still haven't gotten round to my speedpaint. I definitely will later this week. But I know for a fact I'm not gonna do pigeons this time. People are gonna start thinking those are all I can draw!

Anyhow, moving onto today. I came in super duper early (for me) to get cracking on some frames. I managed to complete one of the sequences I wanted to include in the show reel. For now, I'm only showing screenshots. Clips won't be seen in their entirety until sound is added and they're deemed suitable for public viewing.



Call me big headed but I think my lighting is starting to improve a tad. And is it wrong for me to really like the colouring of that puke?

I regret nothing.


And finally, today was the day where we presented our toy ideas to Paul from Oddco, who came by to talk to us last week. I was really impressed with everyone's presentations and ideas, there were some real crackers today! Alliterative brains, colourful robots, phobias, zombies, cupheaded superheros and evil junk food against my plastic pigeons. So to see mine get picked along with four others was very surprising. Although Paul and David seemed interested in my design and idea, I wasn't sure if it would hold up against everyone else's. I assume I just squeaked past someone else. T'is the only logical explanation.

So yes, my design is going to be made into a toy. I'm pretty chuffed about that! But I still wish everyone could have got their designs picked. Only two didn't and it was only because there were just five spaces.

Paul offered me an idea, suggesting (if I were to take Crumbs away from the toy entirely but keep the pigeon design) that I could go the whole tourist route and give the pigeons various defining British stereotypes, particularly in London where most of the market would be. I admit to being quite intrigued by the thought... a Queen pigeon? Guard pigeon? Chav pigeon?

Well, all of that will come in time. For now, I have to busy myself with... CINEMA 4D.

Yes, you unholy bastard. You've got me in your clutches YET AGAIN. I can never seem to get away from this beast. It clings to you, like snot.

But wait... what is this?


HA! I'm actually getting somewhere!

I still need to thicken it out and make it actually 3D but I'll get there! And I intend to get there on my own this time. I need to tame this beast without having to rely on others to do it for me. That said, if anyone has any 3D advice, for the love of all that is decent and good, don't be shy. Come and tell me and I shall wish so much good juju on you, like, you don't even KNOW.

Well, this was indeed a mouthful. But you've all come to expect that of me, haven't you? I aim to please.

And now I'm going to do something that has nothing to do with pigeons for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3