Friday 20 April 2012

*Insert witty title about coloured pictures here*

Make one up, I'm too lazy.

Today, I managed to finish the birds eye view of the Crumbs setting, just to give me an idea of where everything is. It's far from perfect but it's just a little guide for myself, really.

... the perfectionist wants to try and make this better but damnit, I have to get my priorities straight. This was only supposed to be a rough plan anyway.


So now I know where everything is. It'll help with consistency as well.

After that, I decided to colour some of the Berlin sketches. I'm considering including these in my portfolio as they show a bit of variety to my normal stuff. I'm not entirely sure what I was planning to do with Ginger in this picture but I knew that I wanted to use bright coloured and make everything dramatic yet make Ginger stand out. To my surprise, adding shadow and darkening Ginger's layer really made that work. At least in my opinion.


And my regular show Blue doodle... thing. I'm quite proud of it, even if its not entirely on model. Either way it's a nice change of my normal style. I might try drawing like this more often, if only to experiment more.


Paul said I should try doing more pictures like the one I did of me with the twisty arms and devil tail to try and push myself a bit more. I couldn't agree more; I had a lot of fun with that one. He also mentioned a company for me to look at that works by traditional means. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. I'll have to ask him when I next see him.

Now to print out my PPD stuff and look for life drawing references online. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3