Tuesday 24 April 2012

Coming This Summer...

... well, no, probably not.

But check this out for a brief! Now, I'm having a hard time deciding...

Textured?

Or Non-textured?
Oh, I should probably explain what this is all about.

Yesterday, we were visited by someone who works at Oddco, a company in Newcastle that works on toys. They're mostly known for their Bad Taste Bears and also their Deadmau5 figures. Which I am now going to start collecting.

After presenting some examples of the toys and what the company is about, we were given an optional brief. This was to create our own series of toys to present to everyone next week. Just a few sketches and a general plan of what the toys were, what materials they were made of and so on. I thought it was a good chance to try something with my pigeons; try and make a little plastic collectible series.

And the best part is, if they like the design, it can be picked along with another four people to be made into an actual toy! Now isn't that pretty spiffy!

I think Blue agrees.


I think I'll have this coloured by the end of the week at the latest. Something to toss into the show reel AND have after the title card. And no, it won't be subtitled. I just wanted it to be clear what Blue was actually saying.

Finally, remember that Regular Show-esque pigeon doodle I did? Well, I put it up on Facebook to show people and I found some friends asking me to add eyebrows to it. So I figured, why not?

Here's the result.

One wanted a unibrow, one wanted Eugene Levy. Why not both?
I'm thinking of making a sort of collection of these, with every pigeon having one distinguishing/random feature. It'll be something to procrastinate with anyway.

Anyway, onto other news before I wrap up this entry. Yesterday I went with Dave, Callum, Paul and Paul Hess to have a look at the Star and Shadow Cinema that will be the venue where we will exhibit our work. Not for final show, this is after, where we call the shots and can present whatever we like, college animations or otherwise. It seems like a really suitable venue and we'll start working on preparations alongside our work. The exhibitions won't be until July.

And that's pretty much it for now. For the time being, I'm just gonna watch YouTube videos until it's time to catch my train. I'm feeling a tad iffy which I hope will pass soon. Being ill sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3