Wednesday 18 April 2012

Pictoplasma Part Three

Two parts in one day! My my, aren't you lucky.

... yeah, I'm really sorry about this.

Anyway, here are most of the sketches I did while I was in Berlin. I wanted to take a sketchbook like I did last year and draw as much as I could. It's very easy to get inspired at Pictoplasma. So I took the chance to try and push myself, draw some unique stuff and try to develop my characters a bit further. I haven't included every sketch I did, mainly because I didn't like them that much or because some were practice comic thumbnails that I still need to develop further before I'll let anyone see them.

Unfortunately you haven't been spared from all these. Enjoy!

Sketches of Pictoplasma's yeti mascot from last year.

Sketches of Ginger, Tobias and Sara

Ruby and BF being loving and badass and all that jazz.
Also featuring pigeons. You'll be seeing more of them.

Potential character development. Tweak seems to approve of Scarlet.
It seems that she's one of the few to make his eyes look normal...

Both the 2011 and 2012 mascots from Pictoplasma interacting.
It seemed pretty funny to me.

Blue character sketch.

Pigeon mid flight sketch

Expression sketches for 'Not a Drinker'

Close up of detailed image. I might colour this.

Character sketches of a little chihuahua who keeps popping
out of my pencil every now and then. I might develop him somehow..

One of the sketches where I tried to push myself. I could see
Ginger doing something like this. I hope I haven't butchered the
anatomy too much.

Another new thinga-ma-jig. As Rachel was busy drawing grotesque
imagery for her animation, I was inspired to draw a zombie pigeon.
I don't know if Blue is more disgusted by the fact that its a zombie or
buy how bad the anatomy is.

... I was starting to get Regular Show withdrawals at this point.

Funny story about this one. When I showed the Regular Pigeon sketch to Rachel, she
told me it freaked her out because of the eyelashes and then sketched a pigeon with a
bow on her head to show she was a female. So this abomination was born in response.

Points if you can get the reference.

... I don't know. Chibi BF threatening Green I think. Maybe the pigeon
crapped on BF and he scrunk down to get revenge? Would make more sense
than some of the animations I'd seen anyway.

Updated character sketch for Mayor Fat Cat.
I lost the crummy moustache and gave him a fluffy maw instead.

This one... I'm not entirely sure actually. Some sort of McBess inspired thing I think.
The devil tail was Paul's idea, something about Pictoplasma bringing out a different side to you.
Works for me.

I liked the original photo so I'm including it. Haters to the left.

Blue trying to get Tweak to STFU and listen to her.

Another sketch of the previously mentioned chihuahua.
I think I'll call him Titan.

 
And this would be the Crumbs Hardback Comic Book cover.
IF I HAD ONE!
... sorry, almost lost the happy. BUT THE HAPPY'S BACK!

... I have Fairly Odd Parents on the brain for some reason.

Chick Blue protecting chick Pink. Potential backstory development?

Baby Lilac likes baby Blue for protecting baby Pink. Baby. Baby. Baby, oooooh~

Green being a dick as usual.

This pretty much sums up Pink and Green's relationship.
Can't take credit for the quote; I believe I read it on Frog Raccoon Strawberry.

Blue posing

Grayson being his usual lovestruck self. Also a sketch of Rick.

At this point I hadn't drawn anything else and so Rachel doodled a sad face.
Leading me to draw this. I... wait, I don't drink anymore, I can't use that as an excuse.

And fnally, last but not least, Rachel's dragon drawn in my... er, style, I suppose.
And if you haven't boiled your own eyes out from the sheer horror then congratulations for making it to the end! We'll be back tomorrow with stuff from the character walk! Whoop dee shoot.

Have a good 'un, bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3