Friday 25 May 2012

Final Show Makes Emma Buy Things (aka Ginger's A Pretty Girl)

Eek, looks like my constant bloggery is slipping. I'll work on that.

Basically, my productivity was at zero ever since the module wrapped up. I had no motivation to do anything other than sleep. But I feel myself getting out of that rut now which is good because Final Show preparations will be starting next week and I'll need to get working on how to present my portfolio and the little section I'll be given to showcase my stuff. Also I reeeeaally should finish the 3D Crumbs collectible model. Whoops.

I also need to change a few things with my 'Inktail' image. Dave didn't seem to like the tail, saying the blackness of it stood out too much, the arms needed to parallel that bit more and to change the background shadow to a more contrasting colour. I'll do this for the image I'll be using to present my work and show him different versions, asking which is best. I don't really want to lose the tail, maybe drop the whole ink thing from it instead. I'll work on that this weekend.

But other than that, I spent the day with Rachel, Ashleigh and Zoe buying lots of stuff. I caved into peer pressure and finally bought Skyrim. As well as Left 4 Dead 2, both for the XBox. I also have some new (well, preowned) PS2 games: Simpsons Road Rage, Grand Theft Auto and... of all things, Mr Bean. I didn't even know he had a game. That'll be interesting.
I also got Catching Fire and Mockingjay in the Hunger Games series. As well as a copy of Balto on DVD for £4 which was a total steal.

But we're not here to talk about my shopping related shenanigans (I really should set up a second blog for all the pointless tat like that...)

I wanted to show off how lovely Ginger is looking today. I think it's because someone else drew her.

http://stephastated.deviantart.com/art/ginger-304310111
One of my favourite artists on deviantArt is offering commissions for very reasonable prices. I had some dosh on hand and had always liked Stephastated's work so I took the opportunity.
I just can't get over how adorable Ginger looks right now. What a sweetie! She looks good in Stephanie's style, so happy and fuzzy and sweet. Thanks for drawing her, Steph!

You should all totally check her stuff out! http://stephastated.deviantart.com/ Hop to it, y'all!

And now to end with a totally pointless .gif showing what movie I saw with my friends a couple of days ago.


Totally didn't steal the .gif from you, Rachel. Nope. Not at all.

... heheh. Puny god.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3