Thursday 7 June 2012

I'm Working! I Promise!

After something of a hiatus, primarily blamed on the complete burnout I often endure after lengthy projects, I'm starting to get back on track. I have the stuff for my board printed, my show reel and trailer handed in to make a big group show reel thingy (I are talk profeshunal), portfolio prepped and now I'm just figuring out if I'm gonna make prints. Should really make that decision fast as tomorrow's the last time I'll be in before final show. I can't make it Friday and Monday's the big day. Unless I came in early but I suppose we'll have to play that by ear.

In the meantime, here's a little side project I've been working on. Surprise surprise, it's Crumbs related. Little feckers will peck my eyes out before I stop drawing them it seems. Anyway, I've said for a while now that I wanted to do a comic based on the characters and I figured if I don't get started now, I probably never will. I haven't really done any serious comic work, apart from a Media project (which will never see the light of day. Sorry Mum!) so it looked like a good chance to get some practice.

This will most likely be redone sometime in the future, especially once I actually sort out the story arc around it. That won't be for some time though, as I'm considering only working on said story arcs after the animation itself is done and God knows when that'll be which will hopefully be by Christmas. Ish. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Long story short, this was just a chance to get a glimpse of Pink and Green's friendship, work with the art style, speech bubble placement and all that good stuff. I'm quite amused by Green's censorship. Y'all can thank Rachel Normand for that one.

It's also... KIND of spoilerish but then again, you wouldn't really know about that unless I told you. So just pretend I didn't tell you. Or I'll just cross this out and we'll pretend it was never there. Mmkay? Mmkay.



Green's a dick.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, don't be afraid to let me know. I'm always eager to learn.

I'm also currently working on a comic right this second. This one will be the official first comic of the series, where I start with various interactions of the characters before launching into the main story (which will be kicked off by the animation). So it seems the Crumbs Comic tab will FINALLY be getting filled up! Joyous occassion!

Here's a WIP of said upcoming comic.


Sounds ominous...

Interesting thing about this entry. I started typing it up last night. But when it came to adding the images, Blogger/my internet connection/God was all like "NOPE" and wouldn't let me complete it until this morning. Thankfully Blogger has that drafts thing-a-ma-jigger so I didn't need to type everything out again.

Well, off to finish my comic and consider what prints to use. Just in time too, the college internet seems to be stuffing up now. It's so hard to come across reliable internet these days.

Emski out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3