Wednesday 2 May 2012

The One Where Emma Drinks Caffeine And Draws. Which is EVERY SODDING ONE.

It now seems I have gotten to a part in my life where the people who work at the college cafe know exactly what I want to order. I'm not entirely sure whether that's a good thing or not. Ashleigh seems to think it shows I have an addiction. Eh. There could be worse ones.

... I'm already craving my second mocha. Bollocks.

Anyway, onto my progress. I'm putting the 3D work on the backburner until after next week. After all, my portfolio, PPD and animation stuff need to be taken care of first due to the upcoming deadline. Speaking of, I've gotten another short sequence done.


While I'm still on this note, I should talk about the progress of the Crumbs animation. Now, it seems pretty damn unlikely at this point that I will be able to complete the entire animation. I mean, I have less than two weeks left so to try and finish the entire thing in such a limited amount of time is not only undo-able but total suicide.

SO. Instead, I am going to make a trailer of the animation. That way, I can show the work I HAVE done and kind of gain people's interest and peak their curiosity, making them want to see more. It would be good marketing for both the animation and the comic, especially as I don't plan on launching said comic until after the animation is complete and released.

However, as much as I love pigeons, working on them all the time can be a HELL of a drag. Drawing the same stuff time after time can drive you mad and I'm no different. So I do honestly try to draw something different but when I do, I accidentally end up doodling Blue or Green or one of the others anyway. Which gave me inspiration for... dare I say it... a new project...

I'm not going to go into detail just yet with it. I've done a little sequence but I don't want to release anything committal until I'm absolutely certain I'll go through with it. This is just a side project that will help keep me being productive when I can't face drawing pigeons for a while.

So maybe this screenshot isn't the best to show as it completely contradicts everything I've just said. All I can really say right now is, it's kind of about pigeons but it mostly isn't.


... yeah, I caved and bought a mocha before finishing this blog entry. I regret nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3