Sunday 15 July 2012

What Emma Learned Today

Making badges is for schmucks. Luckily for the universe, that's what I am.

See, it starts out really well. I made one badge and it came out nicely, like this


Far from perfect but not too shabby. Enough to leave this adventurous dumbass believing that it would work perfectly a second time.

Five tries later...

Oh. God. WHY.
You can see the metal on the outside, it didn't go in the middle or it just fell apart. I attempted three printouts of various sizes (four if you count the one that got cut off at the edge) and THANKFULLY the final one was big enough to not show metal around the edges but not too big to leave the pigeons faces in the middle. And now we know what the badges look like in person.



The faces were bigger than I expected but they are by no means a disappointment, especially considering my previous attempts. Now to make badges out of the remaining four I have left. I can't make any more until the thirty refills arrive, which should hopefully be before the exhibition. I paid express, I EXPECT express.

Man, only fifteen badges, Badge It? What the hell? That's nowhere near enough, you ARSES.

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You make me want to get a Badge It, but I get the feeling it'd get used once or twice unsuccessfully and then left to gather dust *looks guiltily at sewing machine and graphics tablet*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) making badges is kind of theraputic in a way, considering that it ACTUALLY GOES RIGHT. Took me a while to get to that point XD

      And yep, I hear ya. I got a few things I should really use more often as well XD; I think we all do!

      Delete
    2. I am definitely into therapeutic. Lately I've been making tea bags and plotting to découpage coat hangers, what is my life even?

      I'm one of those wandering types so I try not to keep too much stuff, but then it's like, "Woah! £5 sewing machine! Yeah, I need one of those..." and before you know it you have a wartime typewriter, a concert ukulele and what looks like Diana Ross's whole wardrobe from the 60s. Eep.

      Delete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3