Saturday 14 July 2012

Graduation and Other Stuff

It's 2am, I'm buggered if I'm gonna think of a more creative title now.

So yeah, I graduated on Tuesday. I got to wear a funny hat, robes that kept slipping and nice shoes that gave me blisters. The shoes were my fault though. Totally going with something more comfy and flat next year.


After obtaining a blank piece of paper when the guy said my name wrong (it's pronounced FREEL, not FRAIL. OR FRIAL. BALLS.) and then posing for a buttload of photos and general asshattery, Ashleigh, Rachel and I went to this super spiffy Italian place. CARBENARA IS MY NEW LOVE.

So what else happened... well, my exhibition stuff is nearly ready, board secure and ready to have junk put on it, my little portfolio book arrived in the flesh this time last week, still got enough business cards to hand out, I've decided to forget the print idea and I still need to buy a badgemaker to make the badges. Once that's out the way, I can really just focus on... well, just being at the gallery, being a face to the doodlings I make I suppose.

I think once This is Not an Exit is officially out of the way that I'll feel able to focus more on other projects. I have a lot of ideas in my head that I really want to get put on paper. Not just Crumbs but various other characters and projects and I want to crack down on what I'll be working on in my third year. Despite not entirely knowing what's expected of us. I know a dissertation will be involved though... uurgh...

Uh... I have a feeling I have more to talk about but it's late and my head is all like 'nng stop making me think go sleep' and so I'll just leave you with my dad's birthday picture which he'll be seeing in a few hours. Dad's gotten into golf and our dog Frodo sometimes like to try and catch the golf balls when Dad's practicing. We often joke that he'll lose his teeth someday. Frodo, not Dad.


I wish I'd gotten around to doing this sooner, it could have been a lot better. Although that could just be me being overly critical. Meh.

Also, I saw this with Ashleigh and Rachel. EPIC. Especially with slow motion pigeons flying out at the end, GEE, WHY WOULD I LIKE THAT.


Kay, g'nite. *thud*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3