Thursday 26 July 2012

New Crumbs Artwork and To Do List

Want to see some pictures I was gonna make into prints for final show/exhibitions but forgot to because I'm super dumb? Well aren't you lucky. I figured if I didn't put them on here, they'd never be seen. Which is a pity as I'm quite happy with them. For once.


Both of which feature Blue and Pink, whose relationship I'm going to have to explore that bit more now that the story has changed... mainly the fact that Pink is now slightly younger than Blue for example. Although that ain't the half of it.


I'll let the new character sheets explain that. When I get around to doin' them. Oh ho boy do I suck.


Just some cute idea I had. Possibly Blue talking some philosophical stuff and Pink too busy thinking of her to really let it sink in. Thank God Green wasn't there or there would be some debate on whether or not the stars were fireflies or balls of gas. They would then come to the conclusion that, star or not, Green was full gas.
This random concept that I've had with the pigeons. When they coo or attempt birdsong, to them it actually sounds like music. Various pigeons would have a certain sound, be it a musical instrument or a sound as their trademark and then getting together for jamming sessions. Would make for some interesting videos at least.
I've had the latter as my screensaver a couple of times. I could upload a bigger version on the off chance that anyone was interested. 


Now, I really need to get my crap straight this Summer. Now that the exhibition is over, I don't want to fall into a rut of doing nothing until the third year starts. I haven't really gotten to that point, trying to sketch one random thing to keep my skills sharp(ish) but better safe than sorry. Besides, things are finally taking off with the big draw work experience which is fantastic! I must email the woman in charge and organise when we can all meet up. 


But as for personal projects, here's a little list for myself on what I should really get cracking with.



  • Finish auntie Tracy's birthday pic
  • Start a small outline of Crumbs story arcs from start to finish, really decide what the hell is actually going to happen.
  • New Crumbs character sheets
  • Develop Muffin. You know. The pug I doodled.
  • Develop Ginger and Snaps' characters and draw the two more often
  • Random comic ideas. I have a few and it's good human drawing practice!
  • Actually decide what in the name of God I'm going to do next year.
I'll add more once I think of them. I always forget something. Until next time, I shall leave you with a WIP version of a piece I have complete but can't really share because it's kind of... well, spoilery. Whereas if I just show the sketch it just looks like a bunch of pigeons so who gives a crap.


Cheerie bye~

2 comments:

  1. I love your sketches!!, though my fave of the page has to be pink and blue with the nights sky, its really lovely!

    ps: good work on that list! i need to write on now XD
    ~rachel.n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a fondness for that picture too. i was especially proud of it once I first finished it. Of course NOW I can see flaw after flaw, brat that I am XD

      YES, lists are awesome. I need to get cracking on the first thing on said list ASAP!

      Delete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3