Tuesday 6 December 2011

Still tempted to go with Reddick...

Well, I have returned from Tenerife and had a brilliant time. Didn't do much in terms of art though; I was outdoors either sunbathing or seeing the sights and whatnot. I did bring my laptop as we were promised free wi-fi at the villa we stayed at but we were never given a code to access said free wi-fi so any plans to stay in contact with you all went out the window. Ah well, still had a fantastic time.

Anyhow, back to business. The task we have to complete by January is to make three idents for MTV. I am a week behind with the work but have been put in a group of great mates Rachel, Ashleigh, Zoe and Lien. So I'm quite chuffed. And they've been working their friggin socks off, putting me to shame. They already have three solid ideas AND have storyboarded them AND created all their character designs AAAAAND started modeling them in 3D. Yikes.

Ashleigh gave me the task of creating a character, a simple little design, some shape with eyes and other features basically. Looking at the characters everyone in the group made, I got the general idea of what everyone was going for. I decided to create a sausage shaped character with six legs and eyes. And named him Erik.


This is his design so far. However, it might be prone to change as Ashleigh, who is very kindly modeling the character in 3D for me (as the rage I would muster throughout modeling the design could cause buildings to crumble) seems to be hitting snags with making the character bend and threatening my character with death. Erik is being a bad sausage. However, we did have a moment of amusement yesterday when he was standing on his back legs and looked like an amusing replication of male anatomy.

I'm tempted to name him Reddick but I don't think I'd get away with it.

Ashleigh seems determined to make him bend though so he might stay the way he is. However his colours might change as darker colours hide the creases in his body better when he bends. So we'll see on that front.

As for Underdogs, I bet you're wondering- why on earth hasn't she uploaded the character sheets yet? Well, while the character designs and general sheet design is solid, the character descriptions are less so for the most part. Some merely need to be tweaked ever so slightly but BF's in particular I need to discuss with Brandon to make sure he's happy with it. Once that's done, the main four sheets will have their moment of glory.

I did have an idea for an animatic that I want to work on for fun, most likely over Christmas if I get the chance. I came across a funny video called Dog Video Dating. I think I'll let it speak for itself.


As my characters are mainly dogs, I think it's a perfect idea for me to do. It won't feature the main four characters I have (Ruby and BF are in a relationship and video dating would be out of character for Ginger and Snaps) but I do have more characters I can use for the animatic. It's a prospect I'm really looking forward to working on. Here's hoping I get the time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3