Thursday 22 December 2011

Now To Discuss Tour Dates...

Blah. Seems that I'm a tad behind in stuff... which I blame entirely on Christmas. Been busy buying/making presents (look at the pretty pictures I drew in the Sketchbooks I got for Ashleigh and Rachel!)


... what? It's my art blog, I'm supposed to show off stuff I've drawn!


Anyway, I've been wrapping presents and whatnot (and I still have many I have to do) so sadly I've been distracted from college work and, worryingly, any art for a while. Not sure why. I suppose I was just in a 'can't be bothered' mood after we all broke up for Christmas, even though I wanted to get a Christmas picture  or two out of the way first. I've got a lot of college work I need to get out of the way in order to be ready for hand in on Jan 13th.

But until then, I've at the very least got my groove back in terms of my Underdog stuff. Not productive for college, sure, but it's a start. I'd sketched this picture of Ginger and Snaps at college quite some time ago, shown on this less than stellar quality photo from my Blackberry.


I can't remember exactly why I drew them in such a cute, or 'chibi' if you will, style. Probably felt like trying something different. The reason I remember quite well however. Both sisters are very musically inclined, Ginger loving to sing and Snaps enjoying DJ-ing and remixing. They both have a varied pallete of music that they enjoy so they often listen to music together and talk about their favourite genres and musicians. They might be quite different in terms of hobbies but this one is one they can both agree on.

I linearted the image in Illustrator and coloured in Photoshop, my good old bread and butter. The final coloured piece of the two I was happy with but I felt I could also do more with it.


Then it hit me.

As I started to develop my characters further, I had this funny idea. I could somehow see these two going into business together after they finished college, making music of their own. Ginger, with quite a varied vocal range, would provide the singing and Snaps would provide the techno tunes in order to create an interesting new sound.
Somehow I knew their amusing duo name would pay off at some point. 
I wanted the text to fit their personalities. The round, bright Cooper Standard font was perfect for Ginger while the sharp 8-bitesque fixedsys suited Snaps to a tee. There's actually a white outline around Ginger's name but as the background of the blog is white you most likely won't see it. It's better shown on the CD cover, shown below.


... I know, I think about these things too much. I'm even working on a tour poster: The Technicolour Tour.

Hey, all my main characters would fit together perfectly here. Ginger and Snaps would have Ruby do the artwork for the CD's and posters and BF would fly their private jet to every concert! Sorted!

If only everything fell together like that... *sigh*

Anyway, I'll be much more more productive over the next few days! Expect to see something Christmassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3