Friday 23 December 2011

Ruby's got SWAAAAG

Today I focused a bit more on Ruby (and NOT on the present wrapping I was supposed to do... I'll get to that after I finish this entry) and not only linearted and coloured a sketch I did quite some time ago (inspired by a My Little Pony episode... the bronyfolk would be able to guess what one) but also did a rather swanky logo for her.

I've always considered her an artist but I think she'd have a much more experimental style than mine. More so the kind you'd put up in galleries and whatnot. Although she's relatively varied, I'd just consider her to lean a bit more toward realism than I would. Or exaggeration. Basically, she'd create art that would grab people's attention and make them think. Personally I just like drawing talking animals but eh, different strokes for different folks.

Anyway, I figured with such a style and goal for life, she'd need a swanky logo to match, one that would look quite spiffy on a business card.


I referenced the rose from a pony's cutiemark (namely this link here: http://nightmaremoons.deviantart.com/art/Roseluck-s-Cutie-mark-216727079). As her name is Ruby Rose (yeah, sounds a tad sue-ish... most likely why she only refers to herself as either Ruby or Red) making the rose shine a bit seems appropriate.


It seems Ruby is undecided about it as of yet... sadly for her, as I am the self proclaimed God of my characters *insert thunderclash here* my say is final. And I like the design. So nyeh.

... yeah, I'll go and wrap presents now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3