Friday 12 August 2011

Pigeon Progress: Character Sheets and Texture Comparisons

Finally, something I can actually show you all!

These past few weeks I have been sketching pigeons every chance I get and as of today I have finally gotten around to creating their character sheets. So far I have only done two- one for the blue pigeon and one for a new character- a lilac king pigeon. I intend to get started on the other two tomorrow and possibly have them done by the end of the week so that I can focus on polishing off the storyboards.

However before I can really do that, I need to decide what I am going to do with the pigeons designs- do I give the feathers texture or not? You see, in the old version, my pigeon characters had the sponge filter on their feathers added from Photoshop to give the pigeons a papery appearance, as part of the module was to create a cut out design. I am still undecided whether or not I will do that with this newer version but I definitely intend to keep the simplistic yet realistic designs that I gave the pigeons last time.

Here are the comparisons. They aren't obvious at first glance I believe but if you click on the picture to make it bigger, you might be able to see the differences between the two.


And here are both of their character sheets. The textured version are on both of them but I have a copy with the untextured pigeon as well if I decide to go with that instead.



If anyone has any comments/questions/queries/issues, please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3