Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Amazing World of Gumball

OK LAST POST OF THE DAY, I PROMISE. Need to get some doodlin' done anyway.

BUT. I just had to mention this show.

I FREAKING LOVE GUMBALL


Its just so silly and zany and just what the everlasting hell.


I love, love LOVE the designs and the general style of the show. The backgrounds and settings are realistic yet the characters are 2D/3D/photo/puppets/whatever. Its just so damn creative.
And I love how they do the night sky with glowing star shaped stars. I don't know why that appeals to me so much, it just does. I love it.

Also the jokes in this show are just funny as eff. Seems like cartoons these days are FINALLY starting to pick up. I almost forgot you didn't have to swear to be funny.



And the character designs are just so random but creative. I mean look at this girl. She's an antlered peanut. Lulwhut? Who would eat that? Why would a cat be in love with that? And why do I not care? Cos she's awesome and adorable and just a sweetie pie, that's friggin why.


And oh man, this episode I LOVED. The robber... is a fingerprint. My God. THAT. Is GENIUS. I didn't even realise at first and when I did I was like HOLY... CRAP...


Seriously, that is amazing. Plus, with all the various styles and settings packed in the one show, it just reminds me so much of Pictoplasma. I'm not entirely sure why exactly, I just feel like I could have seen something like this in Berlin. And anything that reminds me of Pictoplasma makes me happy.

Man, ever since I came to the states and had Cartoon Network on 24/7 I've really seen a few cartoons that make me realise that there aren't only crappy shows on TV anymore. My Little Pony, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball... just  wonderful stuff, and I enjoy the styles of all of them. Might experiment drawing in the same styles as all these shows.

Which reminds me, I still need to upload my Friendship is Magic stuff on here eventually. Mwahahaaa...

1 comment:

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3