Saturday 20 August 2011

2am in the USA


Eeyup.

Well, I've been experimenting with my work so at least it wasn't a waste. For a long time now I've adored the lineart and colouring used in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and so I decided to try drawing a few characters of mine in that style.

Here's a small line up of a few characters of mine. This isn't all of them but these are the ones I draw often.


Lotta animals here. I should draw humans more bloody often.

I think Ruby (second character) came out the best, personally. Funnily enough, she was the first one I did. The Cat was the last one and I think it sucks. Might possibly redo one of these days.

The lineart isn't too difficult for me to do. I mainly use the pen tool in Illustrator, save the file, open it in Photoshop, run the eraser along the lineart to create pointed ends (the calligraphic option in Illustrator is too thin to get the look I'm going for), lock the layer so that the colour will go on the lines and then profit! Sounds time consuming but it hasn't grudged me so far. Spare the back pain but I've grown to expect that.

Figured since I haven't put anything unrelated to pigeons/whatever I found online on here nowadays, I might as well share something I did in my spare time. Which is rather sparse these days. No wonder I sleep til tea time.

Now, if you'll excuse me...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3