Tuesday 26 June 2012

Crumbs: Passive Aggressive, Badges and Epic Blue Stages

I said I'd be productive!

Well, as a way of apologising for my general suckness, here's the first official comic of Crumbs! I'd finished work on it a while ago but wasn't going to start uploading them until I had a good amount going so I could plop them on here once a week or so. But eh, I'm feeling generous.

Besides, it'll show I'm serious and that I'm not talking out of my ass when it comes to the comic. Hopefully.

Now, I'm just gonna say right now that Crumbs is kind of experimental for me. I'm basically gonna be putting these pigeons in various situations: funny, serious, happy, sad... whatever idea takes me, I'm going with it. I'm going to pen down some story arcs that I've been toying with in my head for a while now. So I'm starting off the series on a funny kick but the tone might change depending on the story or gag. We shall see...

To see this in full, you'll need to right click, open the picture on a new tab and close in on it. The sizing on here is a pain in the backside so I'm sorry about that. Maybe I'll figure out another place to host it if here doesn't work out.

But yes, enjoy!


The moral of the story is don't be a douche or your car will be covered in bird shit. Although that doesn't explain why birds crap on my car... or does it?

This was a fun little shading experiment as well. I was originally going to leave it flat but it looked like it was missing something, it just didn't pop out right. Or something. But I think it's more appealing to look at. Any advice on that matter, feel free to toss it my way!

What else... ah yes, the badges! Well, I have a design for them right here. I don't know if these will be the final design but as of right now I'm happy with them. They're subject to change though.


And finally... actually I don't know what this is. not exactly. I wanted to do an epic pigeon pose, something out of the ordinary. This was quite fun actually, I might do a bit more. I had to use a reference for the wings and I think I kind of effed up on it but eh, practice makes perfect.





I might use the final picture for the cover of her intro story arc. Hmm...

Well, that's pretty much all I have to show you right now. I plan on doing updated character sheets by the time the week's over and having them put on the Crumbs tab. That's what I plan on doing anyway.

Being productive feels good; I should do it more often.


4 comments:

  1. Being productive is, indeed, very good. That pose is epic! He needs a lens flare. And fire! XD Also on that, I like how you show your work stage by stage, it's interesting to see how you draw! :)

    Those badges are so adorable! I must have all of them! :D

    I need more freebies too... everyone loves freebies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Blue's quite an actiony chick, I just haven't had that chance to explore that side of her. So these random doodles will have to do for now till I get an actual story going.

      It's fun to show off how I create my abominations so I'm glad to hear you like it! XD

      I shall set the full collection aside for you... you get that, you're special. Freebies are great fun, they get people's interest which is basically what we're all doing!

      Delete
  2. Love the comic =O I haven't been on here for that long I didn't see or know you'd put this up lol I wanted to see the story after seeing the animation the first time xD I love it =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that's just a random comic, I'm redoing the story and I'm gonna have it become a super awesome webcomic... that's the plan anyway!

      Glad to see you! I hope you intend to put more work on your blog :D

      Delete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3