Tuesday 1 January 2013

365 Day Sketch Challenge and Crumbs Giftart

Hello everyone! Are you all enjoying your post New Year hangover? I'll be sure not to make much noise.

While enjoying the fact that I didn't alcohol poison myself like last year hurrhurr. My friends and I did make a horrifying concoction that had the taste and consistency of vomit though. A drinking game and mixing wine with Baileys was involved. Long story, not important.

BTW, never drink anything like that. No seriously, DON'T.

*ahem* Anyway!

This year, in order to keep my creativity up, I am taking part in the 365 Day Sketch Challenge. Basically it's just that- create a sketch a day. I don't know what the exact rules are but I'm basically taking the time to draw at least one thing a day- character, concept, background, anything. They can be sketches or they can be coloured and completed. Depending on how complicated the picture I'm working on is, I'll share it's progress each day.

I dunno of those are the official rules but that's what I'm going by. I'll share the week's sketches/artwork every sunday in a blog entry. So yeah, you can look forward to that!

In other news, look what Ashleigh created for me! Was absolutely surprised to see this appear in my email! SO MUCH LOVE FOR CRUMBS LATELY sjhdkjhldkjd

Artwork by Ashleigh Edmonds
(Up yours spell check, I did not spell her entire name wrong)

Apparently it's my fault she's started drawing pigeons. I'm OK with this. Yep.

LOOK AT THE CHARACTER INTERACTIONS, THEY'RE PERFECT. Blue would look on in confusion and wonder, either wondering what Cepsi is (Nice avoidance of product placement! Although I could suddenly go for a Pepsi right now so I don't think it worked...) and how Green got his head stuck in the bottle. And why that's funny. Lilac would just sigh in despair and let it happen (if it were anyone other than Green, she's probably help them out), Jay and Pink would be the dickwads they usually are to him and not help at all while Tweak would be terrified at the plastic bag coming to choke him. Hey, they're choking hazards!

Damnit Ashleigh, the colours are spot on, the shading is awesome and HOW CAN YOU DO SUCH GREAT BRICKS? The ones I do are shit and you and Rachel do them so well! I DEMAND LESSONS.

If I haven't considered a Crumbs Giftart tab for the website design, I have to now. This stuff is just too awesome to not have on the site. I'd share Ashleigh's work with you but sadly she doesn't have her blog up and running and seems reluctant to do so until her work is ready to be revealed to the general public. Fair enough. But it means you all have to wait for her amazing art and story skills. So yeah. SUCKS TO BE US.

Um, that's all I have to share with you so far. I COULD do a Rachel and share a funny video I suppose...

Ah! Here's one my friend Vic shared with me. Oh Heavy Rain, why must you be PS3 exclusive, I want to play you... if I ever have a little boy, I'm naming him Jason. it would be glorious. He would probably hate me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3