Wednesday 1 August 2012

Just Drawn That Way


Today is my auntie Tracy's birthday so it seemed more fitting to upload the piece today than it was a few days ago. Couldn't have her coming across it earlier and spoiling the surprise, could we?

I'm really happy with this. Apart from the occassional mistake, such as making the feet too thick and being a tad sloppy with some parts of the lineart, it's still one of my favourites. Definitely one for the portfolio.

Yeah, she requested something of a Jessica Rabbit getup. But I wanted to make it a bit personal as well, rather than just straight out copy said character. If you're reading this, have a happy birthday, Tracy! <3

Onto some other news, Ashleigh and I went and visited Stephanie, who was in charge of running the club for the kids doing the characters and sets for the Big Draw animation. It looks like we can do the majority of the piece in After Effects, only needing to change or add a few very small things. Very doable stuff so I'm looking forward to getting cracking with that. We also had a tour of her house. She has an art room with a serious business art desk. AND SHE HAS THE COMFIEST CHAIRS EVER. I'm totally having that stuff in my house, y'all can bet on it.

I also bought some sparkly MLPs, Tru Blood juice and found out that there's a cider in my name. All in all, a damn good day.

Oh, and I doodled this a couple of days ago. Totally gonna lineart and colour it. Mmhmm.

I like doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3