Monday 21 March 2011

Raving about Rabbids

Again, wasn't able to come in today and I'm worried that I am behind. I'm aware that people have started modelling their 3D characters and done storyboards whereas I haven't and have barely any ideas to storyboard. I'm definitely going to be in tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to chat to David or Paul about my concerns.

Anyhow, while I may not have made it to college, that isn't going to stop me from blogging, no sir. One thing useful about watching other peoples blogs and reading them is to help me see what we did first thing Monday so that I can get chugging along with it and from what I can tell, we were told to look at three more 3D character animations.

As we're only creating a character and making them move with no scenery involved, I figured it would be helpful to watch animations that only feature characters and how one can determine their personality. My first thought immediately goes to some of my favourite characters, the Rabbids, as they have been featured in some animations that lack scenery, only showing their interactions with each other.

And yes, I KNOW these are video game characters but these are just a simple example. And Rabbids make me happy.



Since Raving Rabbids was mainly a Wii game up to this point, that explains why the Rabbid is trying to make the game interact moving his body (also not taking into account the fact that the TV is off but hey, no one said these bunnies were particularly smart).



Here's an advert of the Rabbids actually playing their own game. I liked this because it also shows that the Rabbids can concentrate and be serious about something, yet still playful and mischievous, trying to put the other players off or taunting them for not winning the level. I liked the interactions shown and it makes the game look very inviting and fun to play (which it is!)
Poor Rayman being squished by that falling sofa though. I still love that limbless little guy. I should attempt to draw him some time.



Because who hasn't wanted to blow up a bunny before?
Another interaction with the Rabbids but this time with their trademark insanity, screaming and chasing each other with plungers. Not much to say about this one although I can't help but find the announcers calm tone when encouraging the user to burn bunnies hilarious. And slightly disturbing.

In all these interactions, there has been a prop, namely the controller for a video game console. This is to be expected of course as the Rabbids are video game characters and all of the animations here are advertising the games and what consoles they can be played on. However, it also gives one some ideas on how props can be used to show the characters personality, such as how they use them to attack other characters or how they react with other characters in general, the second example being a great example to this. This has given me something of an idea to work on with my own character.

Oh, I drew this to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit... a month late. What do you guys think?



And eh, what the hell, on a less analytical level, here's a few of my favourite Rabbid videos. Because we can all use a chuckle, am I right?



This video right here was the first one I broke into fits of laughter over. The few I saw beforehand interested me but didn't give me the belly laugh this one did. I would LOVE a Rabbid scream ringtone, seriously.
And I actually did think the Rabbids could fly when I first saw this. It as like "What, really? They can? Man, thats awe- OHH they got me!"



This one was the second most hilarious. When the woman kicks the Rabbid offscreen, it kills me every time. Must be my sick twisted sense of humour. I laughed when they burned the bunny in the previous video sooo...



... this one just speaks for itself. I have nothing to say that could possibly add to this.
Also, I once drew an Edward Cullen Rabbid long before I saw this video and to my surprise I more or less hit the nail on the head with his design.


See? Mine's sparkling though. Sparkle sparkle.

Its actually amazing how Rabbids can cheer you up, or me at least. I started typing up this blog feeling apprehensive about things but after watching these videos I just feel a lot better. Either says a lot about the Rabbids or a lot about my simple mind; either way, I feel happier than I did earlier.

I'm still waiting on that Rayman 4 though. No hurry Ubisoft but that would be friggin sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3