Sunday 30 September 2012

Crumbs Webcomic and The Other Side

So yeah, maybe I should reveal what the big projects I've been yammering on about are.


What we have here is the teaser poster for a Crumbs short that I intend to work on throughout the year. I'd like to have a little something extra to add to my portfolio and show reel. And maybe something to pop on the ol' YouTube channel when it's done.

The story is basically about a pigeon, specifically Tweak, trying to get to the other side of the road without being squashed by cars. Of course he could just fly over but clearly that would be too simple. Certainly seemed to be the case for the pigeon that Ashleigh and I were watching a few days ago, which gave us this idea. I'm giving her credit as she gave me the idea for how it ends. And how will it end, you ask? Well you'll have to find out, won't you? Mmhmm.

And onto the main project.


I've mentioned a number of times, both on here and offline, that I've been intending to make Crumbs a webcomic. However I've never gotten to actually doing it because of reasons, specifically not having time around other projects, not being happy with the story and so on and so forth. I always bounce back to working on Crumbs because I'm never satisfied with how the previous version turned out and I know if I keep doing that, it'll only hinder my skills and opportunities.

So this year is the year to chance all of that. For the next few months, aside from working on proposals and dissertations, I am working out the story and the characters for good in order so that I can build up a buffer of pages starting in January before I officially release them online next Summer. That's the plan anyway, unless enough people try to convince me earlier. However, I think perhaps the best time to release the pages would be around Final Show in May. We'll see how that goes, I reckon.

I'd tell you guys more about the story buuut... eh, maybe later. Once I've gotten them new and improved character sheets done and dusted. I also intend to get some non-character designs and sketches done in order to plan for future potential projects in order to keep my other drawing styles and designs intact.

This is the year when Crumbs becomes a thing. And the year when I'll stop looking back.

2 comments:

  1. Awww 'The Other Side' sounds funny and sweet. Thing's sound pretty busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it when it's ready! And yeah, I got a lot of work to do XD I intend to get it all done though!

      Delete

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3