Thursday 12 May 2011

Timing!

Just a little extra stuff that I should have included ages ago but didn't.

I have neglected to mention a lot about timing in my entries and as I have managed to create a little bit of 3D movement (not with the Frodo model- it became too messed up to work with in the short time we had and so Dave gave me an already made and ready to move model for the animation aspect. I can honestly say I'm not surprised) that I should remedy this now.



Using this dog model (I figured it would be fitting, considering I'd been creating a dog model for months), I managed to do a short sequence of the dog scratching while wagging his tail. I'm not entirely certain that I made it look realistic enough but I tried as best I could to focus on timing. The movement as the dog moves his head to scratch himself is quite quick and believable and the scratching action itself I'm relatively happy with. However, he kept trying to turn his head slowly while he was scratching, much to my confusion. He moves his head and neck back upright a bit too quickly for my liking and for some reason, I wasn't able to slow the movement done as I had wanted.



However, I made his ear twitch as he was scratching, making the sudden head movement appear as if he suddenly heard something and then stands upright to give it his full attention.

If I have the time, I'm going to create a short walk cycle featuring this dog model and submit this as my animation part of the module.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3