Monday 6 December 2010

And the weeks go onnn...

Huh. I was on a roll last week with my updating. Tis a habit I need to get into.

Anyhow, I think I'm well on my way with my colouring and animating. Again, I have done more backgrounds and characters and I think I have completed all the scenery (although no doubt I'll remember something I've forgotten). I think what I need to focus on mainly is colouring characters and then inbetweening.

As far as inbetweening goes, I won't be doing a lot of drawings and scenes, mainly to keep the cut out look and feel of the piece constant. I imagine it to be similar to how South Park is done, with the jerky movements.

Again, thanks to the drop shadow tool, the quality of the cut out look has improved and I have actually been told the characters look a lot like they've been constructed entirely from paper, which is a look I have been hoping to achieve.

Throughout this whole week, I intend to continue colouring my characters and inbetweening where it is needed. I think every sequence needs at least one more frame between every two that I have done. No doubt I'll need to colour and animate the sequences before I can be sure. Overall though I am very happy with how my artwork is going.

One think to consider is adding in people walking around the pigeons. Paul gave me this idea to add people walking around the pigeons or even through the shot to show how insignificant pigeons generally are through people's eyes. It seems like a very good idea but its all about whether or not I'll have the time (or patience) to animate such a thing. Hopefully I will because I like the message it gives to the story.

Here's hoping I'll actually document more of my progress as the week goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3