Monday 29 November 2010

AND NOW...

After a refuel (basically chips and a can of Monster) I am ready to rumble.

I've finally uploaded a few videos to my YouTube channel which has been until now only around to favourite videos in order to link to them in this blog. As well as showing off my college work, I am also including projects I have done before college.



I did this animation for my Extended Project in Sixth Form. Basically, we could study anything we wanted and as I was desperately searching for animation experience, I figured this was the perfect opportunity. I decided to create a short traditional piece of mine and my boyfriend's mutant cat characters Jax and Jinx.
I tried to create realistic cat movements with their bodies and tails. The ball looked a bit too jiggly but it gives me the excuse of saying "They're mutant cats in a lab playing with a jelly like experiment!" Sorted!
This project was a huge help in teaching me what was expected in animators, what can be used, how things can be done and so on. This is where I got my vast knowledge of the 12 Basic Principles... well... vastish.



This is another project done around the same time. This time, I did a project for my Photography class revolving around the theme 'Connecting Pictures' and using Sam Taylor-Wood as inspiration. Her shots portraying decay are brilliantly done and were the exact idea behind this piece. I wanted to do an unexpected turn for a Still Life fruit picture, in which they are normally painted bold and bright and full of life. I intended to do it differently bu making the image appear to move, but also go against the 'full of life' conventions, the quickly disappearing food symbolising how quickly such life can disappear.



This is our first project since starting college- creating a loop and then a short animation revolving around human/animal movement. I had actually created two loops, which was the drinking and then the eyes spinning. As I couldn't choose which to use, I ended up using both which gives a humorous message.
I just realised that I kind of cheated by using human movement but the character being animal. If anyone notices it, that was not intentional. And if no one noticed it then just ignore this whole thing.

I am trying to upload my animatic but for some insane reason, it only wants to upload 4 seconds of... nothing. Huh. Ah well, I'll try again tomorrow I suppose.

But yes this is... a little of Emma's past animation experiences. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3