Wednesday 29 January 2014

That'll do, blog. That'll do.



Click the link above to follow my current and future projects.


Well, I think it's time to close the curtain on this blog.

It's kind of sad as I've had this one for about three or four years now. But to be honest, a lot of the work I have on it kind of makes me wince now. To be honest, this was basically a blog to document my progress in animation and illustration throughout my college courses and it's basically done the trick by now. Besides, it was starting to get a tad cluttered up in here.

But not to worry, to those who actually have a fondness for this old thing. 'Lets Emmanimate' is most certainly NOT going anywhere. I'm keeping it up for... well, posterity, I suppose. It's kind of nice to be able to look back on my old projects and see how my skills have developed. Kind of like when you find an old school notebook under the bed only with less dust and those cool 'S' shape things that everyone drew in their books in middle school.

You know the ones I'm talking about.

The main reason I'm moving blogs is because I have very recently started professional self employment and become part of a children's book project (which I'll be telling you about very soon), basically beginning to make more of a name for myself. And while I love this blog to pieces and bits, I think it's best I have a clean start in terms of documenting my professional progress.

I'll still be sharing artwork and still be discussing my progress. I'll still Emmanimate. Hurrhurr. And yes, I'll still be updating Crumbs. But it's mainly gonna be somewhere else, is all.

Specifically, RIGHT HERE. Aw yis.

I won't be deleting this blog. It'll be staying up so I can look back on it fondly (or not so fondly if we consider some of the rougher projects) and maybe have it help me answer some questions people have regarding working in animation or early Crumbs development. And also cos I simply don't want to delete it. It's been a good friend to me, if you'll forgive the sappiness. What started as a module I needed to pass (no seriously, blogging was the easiest pass ever, goddamn) became somewhere I could share all sorts of artwork and properly evaluate why I found different animations and techniques helpful and inspiring for my work.



And hell, maybe it can help out future students, assuming they can wrap their heads around the word salads I call evaluation. Or at the very least, it'll show them what not to do. Either way, I'll have helped somehow. Hopefully.

Well, it's been real and it's been fun... and it's been real fun too. And now, onwards and upwards to doodlebuggery!

... That uh... that sounded a lot... better in my head... yeah... heh...




OK YEAH BYE NOW Way to leave an inspiring legacy Emma, goddiggitydamn...












... Oh and don't worry. There will still be pigeons. Oho boy, will there be pigeons.




Click the link above to follow my current and future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3