Sunday 9 June 2013

Virtual Magic Studios at Final Show 2013

Do you want to pick up one of these Very Sexy Business Cards?

Very Sexy Hand not included.

Would you like to see someone wearing this giant pigeon head?

Spoiler Alert: It'll probably be me.

Would you like to read the first seven pages of Crumbs, MONTHS before it goes online?

As well as see this super nice poster?

Then get your adorable butts to Final Show 2013 at Mandela Building of Rye Hill Campus at Newcastle College!


The exhibition will be TOMORROW Monday 10th June from 6pm to 9pm, where we will be screening our show reels and animations on the big screen at the Space Bar at 7:30pm. There will be drinks and music also, which is pretty friggin' sweet.

I will be showing my Crumbs work on the Virtual Magic Animations boards, alongside my future colleagues Ashleigh Edmonds and Rachel Rutherford. You should also expect some very sexy shirt designs, free badges and of course the work of Ashleigh and Rachel- concepts from the God Child Saga, Realmspawn and what will be our first huge project Feathers Of The Roc. Yeah you'll have heard of that one before. But due to Rachel's attention to detail and care over her linework (hey, it does pay off! Check out the quality of her work, srsly) she has asked if we can use it as a studio project, having all of us work on it to get it done. Hey, works for me! I'm one of the many folks that want to see it finished.

Screw it, I'm gonna share the trailer. Again. This will be what we'll be helping Rachel with. It's awesome. Yep.



... Oh, uh, yeah, that surprise I mentioned a few blog entries back that I was putting off telling everyone- Ashleigh, Rachel and I are going to be putting together our own animation studio: Virtual Magic Studios.
Logo designed by Ashleigh Edmonds
We aim to create all sorts of animations, varying from genre to genre- some will be serious, others funny and some just to explore different animation methods. We will also be creating shirts and graphics that will soon be available for people to purchase on Streetshirts.co.uk and Redbubble.com, some of the designs for which you can see at the exhibitions! As well as the Crumbs Birdbrained Collection.

Did I mention you can read the first seven pages of Crumbs months before the internet will ever get to? Because you totally can. It's not going online until mid-September, folks. I suggest you take advantage of this.

The pigeons want you to.
Now, as we are technically part of the BA Hons Creative Practice group, we are currently unsure whether or not we have to stay the entire week. The FDAnimation is only on for the Monday and should us Level 6 chaps have to stay with our boards for the week, it's uncertain that the screenings/drinks will still be available. But either way, I'll keep you all updated. And of course, I'll upload a blog entry with pictures for those curious later this week about how the exhibition went.

I'll also be sure to update with more information about Virtual Magic as well, with Show reel, blog and social network details.

I hope you'll be able to make it! On behalf of Virtual Magic Studios, I thank you for your support.

Oh yeah, this'll be my plaque pic. I had to get a pug in somehow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3